Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Off to Texas

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well the time has come for us to go see my Son graduate basic training.... We fly out in the morning too go see him graduate on Friday..... There are a host of other activities going on Thursday - Saturday so I'll be off the board for the a while.... I'll try too post some pictures too fill you guys in on the happenings... If not I'll post them when I get back in town.... Very proud of his accomplishments and can't wait too see him.....
Weathers looking good for the most part with a little rain Thursday but should be in the 60-80 degree range while we're there....

The wife had this sign made up and made the shirts for her and our daughter.... 32 years ago I went through the same things he is now just a lot differant and hardly any parents made the trip back then.... Really looking forward too seeing it from a parents perspective this time lol....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is great J! Congrats to your son and to you! My mom, younger brother, and grandma made the trip when I graduated in 1993. First and last time my mother has ever flown. I am sure it will mean a lot to your son!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats to your son j; a new fellow airmen. Im sure he will do fine as a radiology tech.

Got to love the air force.... he picks 10 jobs and gets his tenth pick lol.... traffic management office... TMO.... has his tech school at fort Lee Virginia... the strange part of it is his two friends in the reserves @ Pittsburg are doing the same job.... so we'll see how it works out lol....

Graduation was a very nice ceremony the guys did an outstanding job.... conditions were not the best but it still went well.... temps were in the 50's with gusts too 35 MPH yeah it was pretty much steady at 25 lol.... Ryan looks good firmed up and standing a lot taller... when I get home I'll post some pictures.... its nice too have the family all together in one place.... it's been a while lol.... the wife has been in her glory but not looking forward too tonight and tomorrow morning @ the airport lol....

Hope the weather holds out in Chicago we don't have the best of luck traveling through there this time of year.... wish us luck lol...