Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Offseason Decoy project

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
I've been buying a few here & there of old Herters 72 divers and a few puddlers and a few coots that were beat up,so I could burlap them and restle coat them,its been alot more than I ever thought it would be,buying all new stainless eyebolts and washers and alot of time sanding heads and priming them,now there off to get painted and flocked

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Longdraw. You just gave me one more reminder why I should NOT get into waterfowling! I would need another building to store all that and an army to help drag them around and maintain them. lmao

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Looks good man! You'll love hunting over those next fall. There's not much more rewarding than killing birds over decoys you had a hand in crafting.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
WOW! Those look great! Who did the paint work? How hard is it to wrap and restle them? Ive got a bunch of old Herters foam dekes I'd like to restore but don't know much about it.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
burlapping isn't hard if you can cut out a good pattern out of a roll of landscaping burlap,restling coating isn't hard either,its getting the right corn cob mix,,,,decoyflocker.com did the painting & flocking on them

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Dang LD those look sweet..nice paint job. Bring some with you the next time you come out.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Friggin' sweet dude! I'd kill to hunt with you guys up there. You kill mallards and geese here, that's it. Having that kind of variety is awesome!!!