Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Oh the pain!!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I had surgery yesterday on my right shoulder. The doctor told my wife after the surgery that everything went well and that the bicep was 85% torn from the bone. Been like that since June 3rd...these workmens Comp doctors really drag their feet. Haven’t had a decent nights sleep since it happened. Now I’m on pain meds and a ice water circulation contraption. 3-5 weeks in a sling then I’m guessing physical therapy. Doc said around 5-6 months recovery....there goes my turkey season....and what was left of my NJ deer season. Hopefully I’ll get some crabbing/clamming in this summer...along with my garage/man cave project. *Side note:you ain’t lived until you wipe your ass with your non dominant hand!😂....come on...I know there’s someone out there who’s gonna try!😂🙈

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Sorry to hear Sgt.

Get well soon buddy!

BTW, I've been there and worse.

Hang in there, you'll get through it.
Yup, I’ve had three knee surgeries (played ice hockey for decades), ulnar nerve surgery (left elbow) and surgery to remove a kidney stone. The kidney stone wins hands down as far as pain...these other surgeries just take time to heal.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Get well enough and join us at one of the 'TOO' events and I'll share my horror story with ya.

Let's just say for now, I'm a very lucky man to have someone in my life that cared enough to take care of me.

I'm most greatful to her and the almighty that kept me alive let alone, to able to get to do what I can do today without pain.

Good luck to ya and hang tough!

You got this!!

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I torn my front rotar cuff completely off this june, I know your pain. Things are getting back to normal but it will take your time, don’t rush it.

The PT person ask what my goal was and I said to be able to wipe my butt with the hand I used to use. You ain’t joking it is strange to switch wiping hands.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yep not having your dominant hand for wiping is a chore, but you’ll be fine and back too (what you call) normal before you know it 😂

Reactions: Sgt Fury

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
You got this .

When using your weak hand, turn it over so the thumb is closest to your waist and your palm is down.
It’s supposed to feel like someone else is jerking you.

(Hope that helps get ya through the recovery period)