Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Big Buck Banquet anyone?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anybody attending? I'll be going for the first time. Hadn't planned on entering any in the books. Last March my buddy was having one scored so I tagged along with a couple of mine. Decided to enter them. Attending this year as it appears the weather will allow.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I am boycotting them lol.....I still haven't got my certificate for my mine....11yrs later

Are you listed in the record book? Maybe they sent it and it got lost in the mail and they don’t know you haven’t received your certificate. Just throwing that out there.

BTW, they have the records online where you can check. Just use the search function.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Are you listed in the record book? Maybe they sent it and it got lost in the mail and they don’t know you haven’t received your certificate. Just throwing that out there.

BTW, they have the records online where you can check. Just use the search function.

I am in the records lol....and I believe I was told twice that I was going to get it...

I got my P&Y and B&C certificates, not sure I will register another one.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry, I thought you said you didn’t get your certificate 11 years ago and that’s why you were boycotting. Congratulations on getting a qualifier. Have you shared a pic and story on here before?

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Sorry, I thought you said you didn’t get your certificate 11 years ago and that’s why you were boycotting. Congratulations on getting a qualifier. Have you shared a pic and story on here before?

It's ok! I have honestly forgotten that I have yet to receive it! I only did it because it was my biggest buck to date and that was a goal back in the day to register one. Now I don't really care what it scores and focus more on the experience.

Any way! Hicks let me know how it is, I hear they got some damn good food!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am boycotting them lol.....I still haven't got my certificate for my mine....11yrs later
I don't have any certificates either. The banquet is where you get them I guess. I dunno. Like you, I really don't care. It is a piece of paper. The memories are in my head. The deer are on my wall.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I don't have any certificates either. The banquet is where you get them I guess. I dunno. Like you, I really don't care. It is a piece of paper. The memories are in my head. The deer are on my wall.

If you don't go to the banquet, then they just mail them to ya....at least I am told lol

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The banquet is a cool experience. A ton of huge bucks to look at. Also a ton of bone collector type dudes that think they are the next best thing in the hunting world. Doubt I ever go to another one, or enter another buck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The banquet is a cool experience. A ton of huge bucks to look at. Also a ton of bone collector type dudes that think they are the next best thing in the hunting world. Doubt I ever go to another one, or enter another buck.
Those were my fears. I will experience it once. If I am ever fortunate enough to tag a B&C I will likely enter it. I feel I need to give it a fair shake and experience it once.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
TOO apparel is a must, just sayin...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Rex will announce your name, he'll see the TOO representation [emoji3]
Not sure. He was struggling to find where any of mine had been recorded. I told him not to kill himself looking for them. I'm sure this close to banquet he is plenty busy. It's just a piece of paper. Doesn't make it any more or less memorable to me. Still trophies in my eyes whether I have certificate or not.