Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio cold temps

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn it's cold out there today. Went to feed the cattle and get 3 buckets of corn for the stove with my golf cart. My fingers got so cold I had to come in and warm them up before I water the cattle. Digging out better gloves for this cold temps.
Still praying for a early spring warm up.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I’m on my way back from 65 degree CA and NOT prepared for the single digits. Can’t say I’m sad to leave the left coast though lol

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I love it. Bring on the ice!

Fuck the ice. Have some mercy for the millions of older people who are basicly locked up in their houses who can't get out safely in this cold temps for the fear of falling and breaking bones.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He's a big ice fisherman Frank. I think you took that wrong.

Wrong or right it's a sorry wish on other people. I never enjoyed cold weather when I was young. Being raised dirt poor our water bucket froze solid every night in our old house.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I didn't mean to come down hard on anyone special. The point I was trying to make is not correct to wish for something for one's self that will damage others. IMHO

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I didn't mean to come down hard on anyone special. The point I was trying to make is not correct to wish for something for one's self that will damage others. IMHO
I don't agree. That goes both ways. Plumbers, snow plow guys, grocery stores, car washes, ice fishermen. . .lots of people and businesses benefit from inclement weather. I get what you are saying Frank. The weather also hinders many. Isn't it just as selfish to wish for warm weather as it is for Jager to wish for cold weather?

Just saying it goes both ways. This is a lose lose topic. Next thing you know you are suggesting ice fishermen move north. They are suggesting you move South. Lol. I can argue this one either way. Knowing Jager I'm certain he wished zero ill will much like I believe you wished no harm.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Frank, piss off. Seriously. Your initial post said nothing about wanting pity for it being too cold outside for elderly folks. All you said was blah blah blah it's cold and I need better gloves. Me personally, I don't love the cold but I love ice fishing. Unfortunately you can't have one without the other. But I'm pretty sure I never wished ill will on anyone just because I love ice fishing. In fact I don't think anyone here would. If that's how you want to take it though I'm sorry I can't help you.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
There's a raw beauty in this cold that I enjoy seeing. The moon last night was unreal in combo with the snow. I could see deer easily at 125 yards. I'm enjoying this despite this issues it brings.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I enjoy the cold and snow. Allowed me to earn money in college by plowing snow at night while attending classes during the day.

Over the years I have enjoyed cross country skiing, downhill skiing/snowboarding, dog sledding, backyard pond hockey, hunting, etc.

I have been dealt blows with ice damns, frozen pipes, being hit when someone slid through an intersection, etc., but I enjoy the 4 seasons.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I love this weather,some of the best and most enjoyable deer hunts can be had in the cold and snow.
It's peaceful hunting with very few other hunters out at this time of year.IMHO
Agreed. You get a quiet this time of year you don't get at any other time. The colder, the quieter.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Can you lmagine in days of old, having to get up at 3 am and trudging out to the outhouse to take a dump? Damn pages in the sears catalog would be cold...

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Can you lmagine in days of old, having to get up at 3 am and trudging out to the outhouse to take a dump? Damn pages in the sears catalog would be cold...

I did that very same thing until I was 18 then we moved to town. Sears catalog was only thing I used for 18 yrs that's the reason I appreciate what I have now so much.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I did that very same thing until I was 18 then we moved to town. Sears catalog was only thing I used for 18 yrs that's the reason I appreciate what I have now so much.

I am old enough to appreciate that... At least this cold weather would keep the stench down unlike a hot summer day...