Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio hog hunting success

WVhunter

Hello Dumbassville im here. I live and hunt in wv but recently came to your wonderful state to cross an item off my bucket list. Ive been resrarching hog hunts for the past several years and near the end of last summer found a place that has hogs and lots of other critters hard to come by in wv. Its called double d ranch in MacArthur. Ive long been of the ilk hunting high fence is both unethical and easy. I found at the double d both were untrue. I do not have access to hunt southern states over run with hogs nor would i really have a way of transporting said hog back to wv outside of driving many hours with it in my vehicle.....i was looking for an affordable hunt within a days drive of the mountain state i found it and so much more. We were treated with dignity and respect by our guide like we were true hunters who knew what we were doing. We actually hunted for over 4hr the first part spent in a downpour. I would highly highly recommend you check it out if ypure looking for a one of a kind experience
Two thumbs way up👍👍

WVhunter

Yeah i have pics but not sure how to upload them to the message board. I tried saving them but it went to a seperate file

WVhunter

Hog pics

Attachments

• 20180223_110404.jpg
    20180223_110404.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: Wildlife

hugedogleg

Come to Texas. We drive up there to hunt deer cause y'all got them. Well we got the hogs and they ain't behind fence unless thats how you want them. Tote some coolers cause you'll need them.

Reactions: Wildlife

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
You guys have a hog epidemic, but want to charge guys to help get rid of it 😂. Not that you'll ever get rid of the hog problem.

hugedogleg

Yeah they are thick. We hunt every weekend from January til end if September. Stop for deer season. If you want to hunt hogs it's where it's at.

hugedogleg

You guys have a hog epidemic, but want to charge guys to help get rid of it [emoji23]. Not that you'll ever get rid of the hog problem.
They are so much fun to catch with dogs that I don't deer hunt but a couple times a year now. More meat than a deer and very good to eat. We caught 4 yesterday that would weigh 600 lbs give or take in 3 hrs. Trust me you ever do it you will have a blast

hugedogleg

Yeah take a backstrap split it. Stuff some jalapenos with cream cheese into the split. Rub it down with some chupacabra rub. Then wrap it in bacon and throw it on the smoker. Drink beer til it's done and enjoy. Ha

hugedogleg

What part of WV you from. Spent a couple of years up there drilling natural gas wells. Mostly around Buckhannon and Clarksburg

WVhunter

Sounds yummy....im about 2 1/2 hr from clarksburg in the Eastern panhandle about 2hr from baltimore or DC

hugedogleg

Can't remember the town but there was a kingsford charcoal plant there. Not to far from Maryland drilled a couple up there back in 2003