Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ok guys Go!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Screenshot_20230206_123107_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Mike

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Instead of a 6-duck limit with species-specific limits… I would change it to a 4-duck “splash count” limit. Doesn’t matter what species. The first 4 ducks you kill, that’s your limit. In my opinion this would be much more inviting for young and new waterfowl hunters. The current, species-specific limits are intimidating and oftentimes troublesome for new hunters.

Stressless

Keene, OH
+1 outlaw baiting.

My good neighbor Cliff wrote me this just a couple days ago:

I went to a presentation by Don Higgins on Friday. When asked about baiting he was neutral on whether or not it should be banned in Ohio. He did say that he was grateful that it is illegal in IL and that if it was band in OH, OH would be the top producer of mature bucks in 4 years!

This from guy that has 8 Buckeye Big Bucks all with bow.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Instead of a 6-duck limit with species-specific limits… I would change it to a 4-duck “splash count” limit. Doesn’t matter what species. The first 4 ducks you kill, that’s your limit. In my opinion this would be much more inviting for young and new waterfowl hunters. The current, species-specific limits are intimidating and oftentimes troublesome for new hunters.
Whoops. Just realized this thread is in the Deer Hunting form. Disregard. Lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Whoops. Just realized this thread is in the Deer Hunting form. Disregard. Lol
It was still a great suggestion. Hell, we've been hunting as a crew for 10 years now and we were still confused about, and arguing, over regs on our last hunt a few weeks ago. For us, it's even worse because we hunt WV, which is a totally different flyway, so we have way too many regs to keep straight for a "leisurely hobby".

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
1 buck w no antler restrictions. Most states can kill more. I think Ohio is 1 correct? I’m on board w no feeding, actually I’ve seen 5x more when I quit baiting. There is times I’d like to but would be ok w a no feed ban.
I like the above mention of 4 ducks regardless of species, but would like the hunting hours changed like deer hours.

Reactions: Chancegriffis

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
No season for the panda bears, and probably add bobcat to the list to be hunted next year, or at least open it up for a few counties anyways. Banning bait will save on the wallet so, believe it or not, I'm all for it even though I dislike having more laws on the books period. Never baited before, and honestly, I do not bait necessarily for me anyhow. I try my best to improve the herd, not hurt it, and that's been always the intent.

Reactions: Bighoun52

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Tresspassing even if u have a bloodtrail. Get rid of that bs.
That would open up a lot of bs. To many " oh I had pin drops that led to your place " excuses just to get on someone else's property. To many crooks that would ruin it for everyone else. Just my thoughts on it and I don't even own any acreage where this would be an issue. But even the small acreage I own I bought it with the intent that's it's mine and nobody else should be able to use it for any reason unless I say so or they pay my taxes , I'm sure many others feel that way as well.

Last edited:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
+1 outlaw baiting.

My good neighbor Cliff wrote me this just a couple days ago:

This from guy that has 8 Buckeye Big Bucks all with bow.
Don actually said on his podcast once that if ohio got rid of baiting he would pick it over Iowa. He wasnt neutral that day. Lol
I don't listen to him anymore his podcast became one big commercial for his products. He's on a big money grab now charging $10,000 to come do a land consult on your property. Lol I will figure it out myself. Lol