Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

On its way to becoming a good snake

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Jeez guys, it's just a chicken snake. Fact of life if you're gonna have a coup anywhere in the south. It does make you look twice before you poke your hand in that nest box though.

I'd like to see how that youngins gonna get that lasso off him though. 🤣

Quick swipe of the head off with a machete....or 12ga at a few feet.

Fugg that, look at the size of that thing! Watching them guys in the Everglades with 15's.... nope!

Reactions: Tipmoose and giles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here's a message from my mom last week. The black snake she's talking about is a king snake. They're good to have around because they eat other snakes.

Screenshot_20200405-091857_Messenger.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thought this site was full of outdoorsman. Did I log into the wrong site? Don’t come down south if you girly ass can’t handle the sight of a snake.

😅🤣. It's a different world. As a kid when the delta would flood up through the woods and get to the fields along 61s we would take sticks and go snake killing. The water would push all the snakes out of the woods, I remember one evening just two of us killed over 80 venomous snakes along the edge. We let all the chicken snakes and other nonpoisonous ones live. That's the first time I ever saw a puff adder (hognose). He puffed up like a cobra and was hissing at me. Good times.

Reactions: finelyshedded