Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

OO2 Adventure

OHIOOutdoors2

Unknown
9/18:
Went out and scouted some more ground today. Looks like it could be promising. It’s a small piece of public, looks like there are other guys out on it looking to get it done like me. Can’t tell if they are coming in from private or not. Don’t think many guys would carry a ladder stand in from the road but who knows. Should be interesting.

Also stumbled upon this weird contraption while I was out there. Looks like someone was trying to make some sort of live pen.

OHIOOutdoors2

Unknown
Not too bad for a week of "surveying". This is a nice transition down at the bottom of a finger/point coming off a main ridge. Should be able to get a nice stand location about halfway up the ridge on a flat where the trail going up draw of the ridge intersect the trails coming down the finger/point. For the rut I can get all the way on top of the ridge and cut them coming across the main ridge saddle. This gives me a starting point of what is out there. Never know what could come across property line.

Gnarly.JPG
Gnarly 4.JPG
Gnarly 3.JPG
Gnarly 2.JPG
8-3.JPG
8.JPG
8-1.JPG

OHIOOutdoors2

Unknown
Had a good hunt put together till I decided to engage dumbass mode and take camera off of camera arm and a doe that cane from who knows where picked up movement and acted skittish. Up to this time I had 12 does and fawns follow what I had envisioned perfectly with my creative funnel. Mr. big could have been on his way over and decided against it once that doe acted funny. Should have brought go pro instead or just left the camera gear the fugg at home.

Going to spend the next couple weeks trying some public till I get some cruising bucks on private to keep from potentially screwing private up trying to hide from nanny does.

Had a good hunt put together till I decided to engage dumbass mode and take camera off of camera arm and a doe that cane from who knows where picked up movement and acted skittish. Up to this time I had 12 does and fawns follow what I had envisioned perfectly with my creative funnel. Mr. big could have been on his way over and decided against it once that doe acted funny. Should have brought go pro instead or just left the camera gear the fugg at home.

Going to spend the next couple weeks trying some public till I get some cruising bucks on private to keep from potentially screwing private up trying to hide from nanny does.
Keep at it, shit happens lol. I’ve screwed up more hunts in more ways than I care to recall. Good call hitting the public for a while 👍🏼