Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

OO2 Coyote Reduction

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
When you get time (doesn't have to be now) outline that damn snare in the pic so I can see what the fugg I'm looking at. Doesn't do much good to compare snare shape when you can't even see one of them! Lol
Still can't find an option to draw on pics with this new phone so here's a filter that makes it stand out better

Just zoom in on that trail and you'll see it

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I get what u r saying Chad on that size snare..
I always use the 3/32 just for the reason sometimes ya get a few that like to chew and the 3/32 seems to hold up better.
Had a few chew out and even thought of going with a little thicker cable to prevent it but decided against the extra weight as they might feel it and back out.
Besides once they chew outta that cable thats really gota ruin their day with a sore mouth.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yea i originally did but they tore em up bad unless they got wrapped up and choked out.
Their are always gonna be some chewers and have had a few with the 3/32 when i got there only had a strand or two holding them.
But it's always nice to recatch them,their mouth is usually a mess.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yea i originally did but they tore em up bad unless they got wrapped up and choked out.
Their are always gonna be some chewers and have had a few with the 3/32 when i got there only had a strand or two holding them.
But it's always nice to recatch them,their mouth is usually a mess.
We haven't had any problems yet. I've only caught 2 using 5/64 but my buddy has caught a lot.

OHIOOutdoors2

*Supporting Member*
Unknown
IMG_1115.jpg IMG_1116.jpg IMG_1118.jpg IMG_1117.jpg
I'm geared up to do battle with the yotes one last time. Built about 20 of my own snares and I think they turned out great. The 5/64 cable seems a lot less noticeable and has better "memory" it seems. These are a few of the sets I made today. I elected to set most of the snares this weekend and then close them up and let scent leave the area for next week when they are opened up for real. Hoping I can get one or two more of these buggers before it's all said and done.