Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ovis Rex Baker Super 40

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
There are 44 species/subspecies of big game in North America. A friend just got his 44th species, a red Brocket deer in Mexico. To be honest I wasn’t familiar with this species and had to Google it. Turns out it is closely related to moose 😂 Some of the species are unavailable to hunt now.

AEEDA47C-FF49-4675-89BE-FF875AFACD5F.jpeg

686E84F4-C832-49C3-BF44-2A2BF9A1C98E.png

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Jeff has a fantastic trophy room with trophies from around the world. He has a mountain in it with his sheep. Many of his NA trophies are Booners but the one thing he is struggling with is a Booner whitetail. He has several that are close. He owns land in south east Ohio that he intensively manages and hunts Saskatchewan every year so he’s doing everything to make it happen.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I got to see Jeff on Saturday. I asked how they hunted. It’s thick jungle and you sit in a hammock 30-35 feet in the air. They used shotguns loaded with bbs. The deer eat a particular white flower and they wander around browsing in those flowers.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Copy, another damn saddle hunter😂👍🏻
I asked if it was a saddle and he said it wasn’t. It was a hammock type of contraption strung between 2 trees. He said as the wind blew the trees the seat would go up and down a good bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: giles