Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PA turkey hunting: Allegheny National Forest

Hey gents. Heading up to the ANF this week for a few day hunting trip with my buddies. Should be a great time! Anyone been up around the Hearts Content/ Hickory Creek Wilderness area lately? We have been hunting the ridge for years but I'd also like to have some back up plans if anyone has heard anything! Either way it'll be great to get back to the woods!!

Reactions: Spencie
Across the river to the west is Gamelands 086. You can access it from a number of ways and it is huge like harts content and has turkeys throughout. Becker's field up on top is always a good bet. Many times they open the road up in. If not, a bike works nice and you simply stay up high and listen to each hollow. Pressure should be light as well if you work in away from the easy access.
Let us know how you do and good luck!

Across the river to the west is Gamelands 086. You can access it from a number of ways and it is huge like harts content and has turkeys throughout. Becker's field up on top is always a good bet. Many times they open the road up in. If not, a bike works nice and you simply stay up high and listen to each hollow. Pressure should be light as well if you work in away from the easy access.
Let us know how you do and good luck!
Thanks brother! Definitely a good spot we'll check out!

I'd join you, but my son has me locked down in COVID protocol until next Sunday. He got it, so far the misses and I are doing fine. Little to no symptoms for us. Probably just seasonal allergies for me. I mowed and stacked wood today she cleaned up the flower garden and washed the cars. No worries on our end. I've been living on borrowed time for decades. If I knew I was living this long I would have taken better care of my self! I didn't burn the candle on both ends, I took a flame thrower to it!

I'd join you, but my son has me locked down in COVID protocol until next Sunday. He got it, so far the misses and I are doing fine. Little to no symptoms for us. Probably just seasonal allergies for me. I mowed and stacked wood today she cleaned up the flower garden and washed the cars. No worries on our end. I've been living on borrowed time for decades. If I knew I was living this long I would have taken better care of my self! I didn't burn the candle on both ends, I took a flame thrower to it!
Oh by the way, the Blue Eye Game lands farther west is a good one to check out as well. Trout in the stream and a ridge on either side to listen for them too! Just access from route 6 on the bottom end.