Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Paint Creek 2022 Food Thread

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
We are 50 days away, not too early to figure out who is bringing what. I can plan on doing a couple of pork butts with the fixins one evening for dinner. One year we did a taco night and that seemed to go over really well. IF I still have Black Chubby Ill bring him along. IF. I can also bring sausages again for snacks.

@CBecker talked about possibly doing philly cheese steaks one night if a big enough griddle was available.

Right now Im calculating around 30-35 people, roughly. I will have a small griddle with me, but I dont think its big enough for that much philly cheese steaks.

As of right now I believe 18, 20 and 22 are wide open, we can set up our cook station on one of those sites if we like.

Dont forget to bring your canopies!!

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I will handle the taco bar. Beef, Venison, and chicken.
If you want, I can do the shoulders for the taco bar. Found a new recipe where the shoulders are prepped and smoked specifically for tacos, burrito's etc. Maybe Thursday can be burgers and dogs, Friday can be the Philly Cheese steak sammiches and Saturday can be the taco bar?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you want, I can do the shoulders for the taco bar. Found a new recipe where the shoulders are prepped and smoked specifically for tacos, burrito's etc. Maybe Thursday can be burgers and dogs, Friday can be the Philly Cheese steak sammiches and Saturday can be the taco bar?

That's more or less the recipe I follow, but with different seasonings. Our family loves pulled pork carnitas. I'd volunteer to make fresh pico and guac, and can bring pickled red onions and candied jalapeños for fixings to accompany it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I should have added that the dining room is open. Last year 5cent and his boys dropped by once they made it to camp. It was nice to visit for a few. If you guys want to eat here, you’re more than welcome, of course. Pizza is always better straight from the oven too. We don’t serve beer, but you’re welcome to bring your own in if you all decide pizza is a plan for an evening.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I should have added that the dining room is open. Last year 5cent and his boys dropped by once they made it to camp. It was nice to visit for a few. If you guys want to eat here, you’re more than welcome, of course. Pizza is always better straight from the oven too. We don’t serve beer, but you’re welcome to bring your own in if you all decide pizza is a plan for an evening.
TOO crew comes rolling in with a keg!!!! 🍺👍🏼😂

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I think a 1/6bbl would fit the bill nicely, let's vote:

Screenshot_20220405-151904_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220405-151904_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220405-151904_Chrome.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: MoonLab