Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

People Suck...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So today I went to check trail cameras.... As I go to open up Moultrie it spins like a limp D#$@... Right off the bat I know camera was F-ed with.... Sure enough SD card was gone... It was mounted with a screw in mount ( like Rick makes) and I have a bad habit of overtightening stuff.... Why the hell can't people leave others stuff alone... Earlier I actually walked right by a trail camera... Pretended I never even seen it... I didn't F with it in the slightest... And this is a very secluded area, not your common farm wood lot, so it had to be a hunter...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hate to hear that Rich and I know the feeling. Ron had a cameras SD messed with by hunters leasing the property next door. His camera was on our side about 5 yards facing the fence crossing. They downloaded everything from 10/17 to present when we would have had many more images of bigger more mature bucks coming through. It’s a kick in the gut and you feel violated that’s for sure and yeah, people do sucks! SAD

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Yeh it's a shame how things are today...And things are only gonna get worse... That's twice this year my cameras were messed with...
Ric... Good thing was I just checked that cam on Sat. and after being out a week there were no pics on it... So chances are it was blank...

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeh it's a shame how things are today...And things are only gonna get worse... That's twice this year my cameras were messed with...
Ric... Good thing was I just checked that cam on Sat. and after being out a week there were no pics on it... So chances are it was blank...
Is this in the same area where someone swung the door open on your other camera?

Reactions: Fletch

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I hear you. Got a text from a landowner last Friday that a neighbor reached out saying someone was on his property and he wanted to make sure it was me...nope not I. Talked to the neighbor, someone with a side-by-side decided to run around the locked gate and drive/trespass up through the property with 2 two person ladder stands.

I’d love to understand and comprehend the level of disrespect to trespass and or tamper with someone else’s belongings.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I hear you. Got a text from a landowner last Friday that a neighbor reached out saying someone was on his property and he wanted to make sure it was me...nope not I. Talked to the neighbor, someone with a side-by-side decided to run around the locked gate and drive/trespass up through the property with 2 two person ladder stands.

I’d love to understand and comprehend the level of disrespect to trespass and or tamper with someone else’s belongings.
I guess they are just scum... Bottom of the barrel scum... What else can you label them other than low life scum...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Go on camlockbox.com
They make lock boxes for just about every camera...average around $35 but well worth it. If someone really wants your camera, they’ll get it but they’ll have to work to get it. I bring in a cordless dewalt drill and predrill the holes, then put 4” heavy screws into the tree. They’d have to bring a chainsaw or bolt cutters to get my camera. I get pics of trespassers every year and haven’t lost a camera yet.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Go on camlockbox.com
They make lock boxes for just about every camera...average around $35 but well worth it. If someone really wants your camera, they’ll get it but they’ll have to work to get it. I bring in a cordless dewalt drill and predrill the holes, then put 4” heavy screws into the tree. They’d have to bring a chainsaw or bolt cutters to get my camera. I get pics of trespassers every year and haven’t lost a camera yet.
George.... Believe it or not.... This is the first year I've had issues in Jersey... Next year, Lock Boxes... Lag Bolted to the tree...

Snyder10

ITs unreal. Never in a million years would I take someone else's property. I feel like its an unwritten rule to never mess with another person's set-up. Someone else already said it, but it's only going to get worse. Some dont understand the time and money that goes into this hobby, and in my opinion..sometimes that time in the stand isnt worth the hassle of having some dipshit ruin a hunt or steal your stuff

Reactions: Fletch