Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Please Wear That Hunter's Orange and Know Where That Muzzle Is Pointed!

My plea to fellow Ohio hunters as gun season approaches, Michigan's 2018 gun season has already claimed 5 people's lives and another 3 have been injured. There are various reasons why some of these have happened but at least 2 were mistaken for deer. I can't count the number of posts I saw this year on Michigan and some other states FB pages where people were spotted hunting without hunter's orange. Wear the orange and plenty of it to be seen this year! Accidents happen but remembering to keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction is the first rule in hunter's safety. Good luck to all and be safe!!

Buckkillr

Athens
Just seen a news article about one the Michigan hunters that was killed. He was wearing his orange and was still shot! Not only was he shot and killed but whomever done the deed took his back pack and gun.

Wow that's not looking good at all!!!

Makes me think back about 20 years give or take when that animal rights jackass was going around hunting hunters to save the deer.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Just seen a news article about one the Michigan hunters that was killed. He was wearing his orange and was still shot! Not only was he shot and killed but whomever done the deed took his back pack and gun.

Wow that's not looking good at all!!!

Makes me think back about 20 years give or take when that animal rights jackass was going around hunting hunters to save the deer.

Wow that is a whole new level of wrong