Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pretty ballsy

"J"

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Columbiana County
Yep, ran into this years ago in Arkansas for their safety inspections.... Backwoods cops who think they're the ones too tell you what's what.....

Last edited:

Full bore

South Eastern Ohio
Kinda scary! Those cops could have planted illegal substances in his car while he was detained. Then accused him, then arrested him. There word against his. You can't trust anyone this day and age.

I wonder if they got an estimate on the damage, that the dog did to the paint on his car? I would be freakin pissed!

Tiny

Couldn't open it. I am sure it is just another Nazi storm trooper overstepping his bounds. Of course it is getting harder to find the boundary anymore, since the cops, judges and people keep allowing those boundaries to become increasingly larger and the lines fuzzier since the 50's.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Everything is fine and dandy as long as you conform to the police state mold. Step outside their definition of freedom and you'll quickly find out you aren't very free. I got searched once because I had a boat paddle in the back seat and my licenses had a mark on it from where I locked myself out of my house. It was about 2 am and to the officer this was probable cause that I had been breaking in to places. You know. Since I didn't own a boat. Truth is I picked up the boat paddle on the side of the road. They brought out a dog who "struck" they opened the door and let him jump in my truck only to come right back out with a McDonald's bag that had a couple fries in it. He claimed I was trying to throw off the dog. Ended up being three for two hours in cuffs, you know, for his safety. Eventually the supervisor arrived and I was let go. These were Army MPs. Not regular cops.

Tiny

Finally saw it. Same old same old. This is the reason I don't talk to cops or associate with them. There are a few good guys I have met but hundreds that are scum.
I used to deal with these people years ago as a matter of my line of work and a lower class people I have yet to find.
This is why I don't believe any cop who says he has a limit as to what he will enforce in regard to the 2nd amendment discussion. I believe 99% of all cops would love to have absolute power.... just like the SS had.

Ricer2231

Muskingum county
Just like the SS......really?
I used to be an officer, my brother used to be an officer and my other brother still is an officer of almost 20 years. That's why I took exception to the SS comment. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way defending what the officers did in the video. They went above and beyond what they are permitted to do and were wrong, but the SS? Seriously.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
I couldn't see the video. I won't paint all police with a broad brush stroke. I know plenty of them. There are good ones, bad ones, great ones, terrible ones, fat ones, lazy ones, egotistical ones, humble ones. . . .pretty much like any other job out there. With all the police we have in this country, there are bound to be a handful who shouldn't wear the uniform. I will never forget the old pothead from high school who became a local police officer. He pulled a guy over for not having a license plate on the front. Problem is, the guy was from MI and they didn't require them on the front of the car. Other problem was the guy was IN a funeral procession. Point being, not everyone wearing the badge necessarily should, but they aren't all bad.

Tiny

Just like the SS......really?
I used to be an officer, my brother used to be an officer and my other brother still is an officer of almost 20 years. That's why I took exception to the SS comment. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way defending what the officers did in the video. They went above and beyond what they are permitted to do and were wrong, but the SS? Seriously.
Yes Really.

I understand that in some area's the police may well be true to the cause but wherever I have been over the last 20 years, I have seen very little good and a good deal of awful. Youtube is choke full of evidence to back up my contention that the old phrase "peace officers" couldnt be further from the truth.

Just last week I had to endure the presents of one of these rogue cops in a outdoors department. The so called officer had a side business where he sold wholesale defence weaponry. I watched and listened to this guy describe how to use his tasers to a crowd of uncomfortable looking staff members.
I like to hit 'em right in the neck he said with spit spewing from his lips, as he looked at them... all wild eye's and gleeful.

I steped into it and said that this was a dangerous and illegal practice for any officer and I questioned why he was saying any of this. He walked towards me with the taser outreached in my direction and just as he got near enough for effect, he lit it up. The smile on his face was almost as scary as the look in his eye's.
His comment?.... you need to learn what your talking about mister!.

Yeah... I just cant help but think what he would have done if we were alone.

99% of all cops are no better than the hells angles as far as a fraternity and actually... they are far more dangerous.

There is a reason why cops stick together, hang out together and rarely include themselves in mixed company. There is a reason that most normal people dont know any cops outside of having to deal with them in their day to day lives.

This reason is ,,,,why the Mafia was created. The Mafia was the defence that protected the citizens of italy from the police.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I wouldn't go as far as the SS. But the police state has gotten out of hand. And ohio is one of the worst for it. We have a state troooer under every overpass. I drive from here to southern Mississippi last February. I saw more cops in the 100 miles I had to drive in Ohio than I did the entire rest if the trip. Some of that is our fault as citizens. We are no longer allowed or have the balls to let Sam colt handle business. And sissy people have become reliant on a public service to protect them when the Supreme Court has ruled numerous times they have no duty to protect anyone. I do agree that cops protect their own. For evidence of this just look at the rogue la cop. Thousands of officers and millions of dollars spent to hunt him down and kill him because he shot two cops and threatened to shoot more. If your local cops showed up at your house and say you and your wife were face down dead. They'd just say. Well that sucks. Lets take some pictures, write a report, and go get lunch. Actually. In the la cops manifesto he wrote that it was common occurrence for police to take pictures of murder victims, accident scenes etc and text them to each other betting who could get the most gruesome call that shift.

Cops are only human. They do have a job to do. But many many of them give the few good ones a bad name. And it doesn't help that most times their little more than another branch of the department of taxation.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I couldn't see the video. I won't paint all police with a broad brush stroke. I know plenty of them. There are good ones, bad ones, great ones, terrible ones, fat ones, lazy ones, egotistical ones, humble ones. . . .pretty much like any other job out there. With all the police we have in this country, there are bound to be a handful who shouldn't wear the uniform. I will never forget the old pothead from high school who became a local police officer. He pulled a guy over for not having a license plate on the front. Problem is, the guy was from MI and they didn't require them on the front of the car. Other problem was the guy was IN a funeral procession. Point being, not everyone wearing the badge necessarily should, but they aren't all bad.
But there comes a point where throwing the baby out with the bath water is perfectly acceptable. I think it's the other way around. There are a handful of good ones. But many are very egotistical and think they're somehow above the everyday citizen. Maybe that's a byproduct if the job and the type of people they deal with everyday. Maybe it's made them jaded. Still not an excuse. I have over 40 episodes of cops recorded on the DVR and have watched three times that much. I can count on one hand the times I saw a cop that was polite, fair, and didn't subtly egg on a situation. This goes for my personal dealings also. I got pulled over three years ago for tailgating a state trooper on 70. He and his buddy was riding in the left lane going 5 under. For miles and miles. As you know people are scare to pass a cop Southey had rush hour traffic backed up for a long way with not a soul in front of them. The two people beside me wouldn't pass and I was stuck behind him. So I got on his ass. He and his buddy went from laughing and looking in their mirrors to pissed! I got berated. Screamed at. Cussed at. Threatened. And everything else. To them It was all funny being an asshole, that is until someone had the balls to not be scared of them and then they were mad as hell that someone dare ride their ass like "im not scared of you. move over jackass"

Last edited:

Ricer2231

Muskingum county
Yes Really.

I understand that in some area's the police may well be true to the cause but wherever I have been over the last 20 years, I have seen very little good and a good deal of awful. Youtube is choke full of evidence to back up my contention that the old phrase "peace officers" couldnt be further from the truth.

Just last week I had to endure the presents of one of these rogue cops in a outdoors department. The so called officer had a side business where he sold wholesale defence weaponry. I watched and listened to this guy describe how to use his tasers to a crowd of uncomfortable looking staff members.
I like to hit 'em right in the neck he said with spit spewing from his lips, as he looked at them... all wild eye's and gleeful.

I steped into it and said that this was a dangerous and illegle pracdtice for any officer and I questioned why he was saying any of this. He walked towards me with the taser outreached in my direction and just as he got near enough for effect, he lit it up. The smile on his face was almost as scary as the look in his eye's.
His comment?.... you need to learn what your talking about mister!.

Yeah... I just cant help but think what he would have done if we were alone.

99% of all cops are no better than the hells angles as far as a fraternity and actually... they are far more dangerous.

There is a reason why cops stick together, hang out together and rarely include themselves in mixed company. There is a reason that most normal people dont know any cops outside of having to deal with them in their day to day lives.

This reason is ,,,,why the Mafia was created. The Mafia was the defence that protected the citizens of italy from the police.
Just as you said in some areas police are true to their cause and in the respect in some areas they are not. Obviously you are in an area, be it all the time or some of the time, they are not. Using YouTube as a reference to back your claims is ridiculous. That kind of media is gonna sell every time. Watch your local news, how many minutes are devoted to the "good" news and how many to the "bad"? Bad sells. What makes better news? Cop harasses innocent law abiding citizen at DUI checkpoint or cop saves a life today by arresting a intoxicated driver at DUI checkpoint? The life saved may be one of your loved ones.Which one are you gonna download? Never mind, I know the answer to that.

I apologize for what you had to endure at the outdoor department. The officer was definitely not presenting what he was selling in the appropriate manner and obviously outside the lines with his presentation, but again do you pull the whole 99% of the police force into a big building and gas them? Guilt by association.

You have no idea why cops hang out together. Most officers hang out together because they can't go to the local bar and grill and just mingle because they run the risk of running into one of the "citizens" they have had dealings with in the past and result in an altercation. You see the "citizens" in the grocery store, hardware store, and yes your local Walmart and the risk is there every time. That's why officers hang out together. And just for the record the majority of officers are "normal".

The thing that really bothered me the most about the comparison is the fact that you are comparing officers to a "mob" of people who basically rounded Jews up, took them to concentration camps, and on many occasions were the ones who willingly murdered them. A group that plated the leading role in every major nazi operation. Murdering as many as 2,850,000Jews. Plus hundreds of thousands more that were deported to be murdered at a later time. So can you seriously compare the officers you speak of to that? I just get tired of seeing nothing in print or on tv that sheds a positive light on them. I never get used to not seeing any positives about officers because I know there is and have seen the positives but bad will always outsell good, that's societies choice. Just like its your choice to have your opinion and base your opinion on what you have experienced and YouTube. SS......really? :)

Tiny

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Just like teachers get burnt out, so do cops. Teachers have unions to protect them and cops have cops to protect them when they snap.

Most cops have sever mental disorders which are brought about due to the job, alcohol abuse, drug abuse or just plain old type A personality defects that are highly sought after in this field. Know any cop thats not on the bottle?. If you do.... you know a cop that is very out of the norm.

I worked as a bartender for a few weeks in Toledo Ohio and got to see the same 'ol same old there. The bar closed at 2AM and then became a cop bar. This is the norm across the country, so if you don't believe it, start asking around. every precinct has a cop bar where officers drink after shift.
In this bar (like all the rest out there) cops would drive away in their patrol cars, totally wasted. I heard burn outs, 360's being pulled in the streets and even saw a brawl between 5 cops in the middle of the street while I was bar tending.

These cops were not the worst of the worst.... they were the same cops with different faces and uniforms as I have seen many many times before.

I had a brother-in-law in NYC who was one of six officers that took part in a beating of a man in a holding cell. They finished beating him half to death and then striped him and threw him into the yard. They then sprayed him with the fire hose and left him to die while they relaxed inside for the next 2 hours. Now they didn't intend to kill him but he died all the same.
They then re-dressed him and took him to the Hudson river where they weighted him down and tossed him in.
By the way... this took place on Christmas eve.

I found this out as my brother-in-law was dying in his bed. I found out that everyone in the family knew this story because (I am told) he used to tell it (laughing) every time he would get drunk at the family parties, before I arrived.

This brother-in-law was highly respected and decorated by his department and respected by those in his community ... those who did not know him intimately. ;)

I have so many stories to tell .... but I know I will get the same old... "thats not all of them" speech..... so why bother.
Just want everyone to know where I stand and why I stand where I do.

If your a good cop then I am sorry that you are either so stupid that you don't see whats going on or your such a coward as to do nothing about it.

Last edited:

Tiny

Just as you said in some areas police are true to their cause and in the respect in some areas they are not. Obviously you are in an area, be it all the time or some of the time, they are not. Using YouTube as a reference to back your claims is ridiculous. That kind of media is gonna sell every time. Watch your local news, how many minutes are devoted to the "good" news and how many to the "bad"? Bad sells. What makes better news? Cop harasses innocent law abiding citizen at DUI checkpoint or cop saves a life today by arresting a intoxicated driver at DUI checkpoint? The life saved may be one of your loved ones.Which one are you gonna download? Never mind, I know the answer to that.
How many people do you know that drive around with active camera's?. Now with that said.... How much crap is really going on out there?. I think my first question answers my last one.
There is so much bad going on out there that if every car had a camera live and streaming, we would have to create new broadcasting channels to cover them all. :D

I apologize for what you had to endure at the outdoor department. The officer was definitely not presenting what he was selling in the appropriate manner and obviously outside the lines with his presentation, but again do you pull the whole 99% of the police force into a big building and gas them? Guilt by association.
This guy was just open about who he was. He wasn't a fly in the ointment. He was just intoxicated I believe. When cops get high.... They dont lie ;)

You have no idea why cops hang out together. Most officers hang out together because they can't go to the local bar and grill and just mingle because they run the risk of running into one of the "citizens" they have had dealings with in the past and result in an altercation. You see the "citizens" in the grocery store, hardware store, and yes your local Walmart and the risk is there every time. That's why officers hang out together. And just for the record the majority of officers are "normal".
I have more of an idea than you might think obviously. ;)

The thing that really bothered me the most about the comparison is the fact that you are comparing officers to a "mob" of people who basically rounded Jews up, took them to concentration camps, and on many occasions were the ones who willingly murdered them. A group that plated the leading role in every major nazi operation. Murdering as many as 2,850,000Jews. Plus hundreds of thousands more that were deported to be murdered at a later time. So can you seriously compare the officers you speak of to that? I just get tired of seeing nothing in print or on tv that sheds a positive light on them. I never get used to not seeing any positives about officers because I know there is and have seen the positives but bad will always outsell good, that's societies choice. Just like its your choice to have your opinion and base your opinion on what you have experienced and YouTube. SS......really? :)
The SS wasn't about rounding up Jews, The SS was about removing obstacles and oppression. The SS took out Hitlers other official branch because their tactics and principals differed from that of the SS. The SS was about bringing everyone into line.... Not just the Jews. The SS arrested and killed plenty of Germans too.

Ricer2231

Muskingum county
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Just like teachers get burnt out, so do cops. Teachers have unions to protect them and cops have cops to protect them when they snap.

Most cops have sever mental disorders which are brought about due to the job, alcohol abuse, drug abuse or just plain old type A personality defects that are highly sought after in this field. Know any cop thats not on the bottle?. If you do.... you know a cop that is very out of the norm.

I bartender for a few weeks in Toledo Ohio and got to see the same 'ol same old there. The bar closed at 2AM and then became a cop bar. This is the norm across the country, so if you don't believe it, start asking around. every precinct has a cop bar where officers drink after shift.
In this bar (like all the rest out there) cops would drive away in their patrol cars, totally wasted. I heard burn outs, 360's being pulled in the streets and even saw a brawl between 5 cops in the middle of the street while I was bar tending.

These cops were not the worst of the worst.... they were the same cops with different faces and uniforms as I have seen many many times before.

I had a brother-in-law in NYC who was one of six officers that took part in a beating of a man in a holding cell. They finished beating him half to death and then striped him and threw him into the yard. They then sprayed him with the fire hose and left him to die while they relaxed inside for the next 2 hours. Now they didn't intend to kill him but he died all the same.
They then re-dressed him and took him to the Hudson river where they weighted him down and tossed him in.
By the way... this took place on Christmas eve.

I found this out as my brother-in-law was dying in his bed. I found out that everyone in the family knew this story because (I am told) he used to tell it (laughing) every time he would get drunk at the family parties, before I arrived.

This brother-in-law was highly respected and decorated by his department and respected by those in his community ... those who did not know him intimately. ;)

I have so many stories to tell .... but I know I will get the same old... "thats not all of them" speech..... so why bother.
Just want everyone to know where I stand and why I stand where I do.

If your a good cop then I am sorry that you are either so stupid that you don't see whats going on or your such a coward as to do nothing about it.
Obviously we have a few disagreements about this topic and that's the thing about a public forum, everyone has the opportunity to speak their mind. And as I stated before, good will always be outsold by bad. I have debated with people in the past about this very topic of good cop bad cop and you just continue to butt heads until you get tired of it or one of the parties resorts to name calling or tries to insult the others intelligence. And as I have done before that's when I draw the line and let that persons final comment, just like yours, speak for them. I am sorry for all the bad experiences you have had with law enforcement officials and hope that future encounters are much better. I hope for your sake and everyone else's that the law enforcement officers (aka SS) in your area and mine don't begin to round us all up and "exterminate" us. And last but not least I am neither stupid nor a coward, I just have an opinion of my own and maybe some day you will broaden your vision and be able to carry on an intelligent and informative debate/conversation about different opinions and not just yours.
Don

Tiny

Obviously we have a few disagreements about this topic and that's the thing about a public forum, everyone has the opportunity to speak their mind. And as I stated before, good will always be outsold by bad. I have debated with people in the past about this very topic of good cop bad cop and you just continue to butt heads until you get tired of it or one of the parties resorts to name calling or tries to insult the others intelligence. And as I have done before that's when I draw the line and let that persons final comment, just like yours, speak for them. I am sorry for all the bad experiences you have had with law enforcement officials and hope that future encounters are much better. I hope for your sake and everyone else's that the law enforcement officers (aka SS) in your area and mine don't begin to round us all up and "exterminate" us. And last but not least I am neither stupid nor a coward, I just have an opinion of my own and maybe some day you will broaden your vision and be able to carry on an intelligent and informative debate/conversation about different opinions and not just yours.
Don
Hey Don... No hard feelings buddy... It is what it is.

My experiences are vast due to the fact that I have had a good deal of personal experience in the field and out of the field. I went to the academy in NY (Troop K) and I have had a number of family members/friends in the field of law enforcement/ criminal justice.
I have always been able to sit around and tell the truth amongst those that make their living in law enforcement because I haven't been among strangers.

I don't care about what you do or who you are. Do what you want to do and be who you want to be. I am an honest man and I only have to be here a very short time in the scheme of things. Give Rome what is Rome's I say.

Ricer2231

Muskingum county
Hey Don... No hard feelings buddy... It is what it is.

My experiences are vast due to the fact that I have had a good deal of personal experience in the field and out of the field. I went to the academy in NY (Troop K) and I have had a number of family members/friends in the field of law enforcement/ criminal justice.
I have always been able to sit around and tell the truth amongst those that make their living in law enforcement because I haven't been among strangers.

I don't care about what you do or who you are. Do what you want to do and be who you want to be. I am an honest man and I only have to be here a very short time in the scheme of things. Give Rome what is Rome's I say.
No hard feelings at all. You know what they say about opinions, everybody has one. If everybody's opinion was the same how much fun would that be? Telling the truth and believing in your opinion is what it's all about. It's like an earlier thread about an ethical question, I honestly believe there is no wrong answer, you may not agree but that doesn't make you or me wrong.

Your occupation or personality personally carries no weight with me either and a person is who a person is a person does what a person does. I too am an honest person and will always have an opinion on just about everything. If you or anybody else agrees with me that's fine, if you or anybody else doesn't agree that's fine TOO. One mans sunrise is another mans sunset, they are just looking at the same thing from different angles.