Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pse dropped

Lucky

Sunbury
Just wondering if anyone on here has one. Im retiring my hoyt magnatec that ive been shooting for 13 yrs now and got a good deal on this bow. Not shure if pse still makes them, they were only made for a little bit for that show dropped on outdoor channel were the two brothers get dropped of in remote places like Alaska and stay for a month. It hasthe hybrid cam same as the top pse bow maddness bow they have out. Just curious if anyone has one and what they think of it?

Lucky

Sunbury
Thats not very encouraging, thanks for the info. Guess i should have checked on here first. Already paid for it except for i owe 150 still on it. Kinda discouraging. I needed to up grade.my hoyt magnatec is a relic now from when i first got it. Its done me well over the years. Guess im stuck with it for now and if needed i can pull the hoyt back out. Appreciate the info. Thanks

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
It may be fine for you. The draw cycles on most PSE's are rough to say the least. But they are quick as shit. But if you shoot alot, your muscles will condition to it and you should be just fine.

Lucky

Sunbury
I think itll b alrite. Its not bad on draw. And let off is unreal compared to my old hoyt. Could hold it drawn forever. And is quick as shit. Its 340 speed.

I had a pse shark blow up on me in 2006. It was pretty common with pse and they recalled a lot of bows in those days. They are much better now. However i still wont own another one. I shot a pse sinister recently and it was the worst drawing bow i have ever pulled.

All brands have come a long way with new technology over the years.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My first compound was a PSE Titan, one stiff drawing bow. Had it for 5-6 years and sold it and bought a Hoyt. Much better bow IMHO. A few months after I sold it, it blew up on the guy who bought it. Rumor had it he was shooting too light of an arrow to get more speed outta it.

Lucky

Sunbury
Dam. Well i appreciate the info, like i said, i should have checked on here first. Live and learn. Well at least i still have my trusted old hoyt thats been good to me. Ill let know how it goes when i start shootn it. If it is doable....ill shoot it this season if i have confidence, then probly get rid of next summer. Thanks J... Ill keep in mind about lighter arrows. Thanks guys

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dam. Well i appreciate the info, like i said, i should have checked on here first. Live and learn. Well at least i still have my trusted old hoyt thats been good to me. Ill let know how it goes when i start shootn it. If it is doable....ill shoot it this season if i have confidence, then probly get rid of next summer. Thanks J... Ill keep in mind about lighter arrows. Thanks guys

If you really want to dump it then craigslist and FB marketplace is a good avenue. I see guys jockeying bows on there from time to time. PSEs target market is the entry level or occasional hunter and their bows are built accordingly. Plenty of those types on those platforms, especially if you add in some junker arrows and release to make it a kit no reason you shouldn't be able to get what you need for it.

Lucky

Sunbury
Its suposed to b one of the best they built, forhow much thats worth. Well see how it is. ..and will always have the hoyt to fall back on .

Murphy31

Western Mass
Those look similar to the hd cams. I switched a few years back from a hoyt. I've never looked back. The new ones are just as good as any bow out there today. The hd and ecs cams are amazing.

MaineR

Maine
I don’t listen to these guys it’s a great bow. I have my local shop beef mine up a bit. 80 pound draw; 453gr. Carbon express maxima red;grim reaper broadhead w/12%FOC. Consistently shoots 300+ FPS. I fill my and Family/friends freezers every year!)
4F55DFAC-2E43-445E-9C1C-752F437F58DE.jpeg

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Had a PSE Dakota that shot fine for me - 3 finger draw like a trad bow - sold it to 1023 and some guys for a wedding present for a for one of their friends - i sold it cuz I got the fever for the big name stuff - bought a BowTech that was great but no better then the PSE - Milo was tthere the day I sold it don't remember if Joe was

Last edited: