Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Put out a small mixed line

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
A buddy and I put out a small mixed line on Thursday afternoon on another friends place. My buddy is wanting an otter to tan and the landowner is wanting to have some of the beavers removed. We put in a few 330s, set a few snares/220s for coon, and dropped in a few colony traps on the little rat sign we could find.

Here is the results of yesterdays check. Nothing too special, but my daughter sure was happy!! Since she was along I had her help me put a couple DPs in too.

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

Today's check was a little more interesting. We caught a decent otter and a pretty big beaver (51 pounds). The picture of me pointing is the otter catch in a crossover (there is another waterway to the right just out of the pic).

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

The landowner also showed me this spot so I think I will move a few of the 330s here during tomorrow's check. Looks like easy pickings!

IMG_4788.jpg

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
xbowguy - I'd gladly sell you an otter if we catch an 'extra' one.
Not quite sure how I would get it to you but I'm sure we could figure something out. I would need to know if you would want it carcass, skinned, or tanned. PM me with the details and we'll see what we can work out!