Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ravin

I own one and really want to stand behind this company and would love to give positive feedback on their product. However I unfortunately I cannot. I sent them a simple question...”based on dicks sporting goods and field and streams anti sportsman’s views will you continue to sell your products in their stores?” Their choice....🦗🦗🦗....so I must say clearly they only thing they care about $$$ and nothing more. So the can suck it. I must say it’s been a disappointing few months as one of the only companies I’ve ever been “brand” loyal to is YETI (yes over priced but F it I like their shit) and they broke it off in hunters big time. So now I’m left with my D in my hand and shit on my face.

FYI ten point and wicked ridge you sell at dicks too!!

Theirs choices as businesses. Just disappointing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
After reading your post I actually went to their website and emailed them a question as to where they stand with mossberg severing ties with Dick’s due to their anti second amendment stance.
We’ll see what they respond with, I’ll post it up when/if I get it.

Only thing I don't know about some companies is how their contracts are with Dick's and Field and Stream. There could be stiff penalties if they don't fulfill their orders. Don't know that, but in the business world there are usually some clauses and penalities if one of the parties doesn't hold up their end.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Only thing I don't know about some companies is how their contracts are with Dick's and Field and Stream. There could be stiff penalties if they don't fulfill their orders. Don't know that, but in the business world there are usually some clauses and penalities if one of the parties doesn't hold up their end.

Completely understand that, but what’s their strategy for when the contract ends?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know buddy. I sent Remington a similar question two weeks ago and received no response. Nothing.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Only problem with getting on a companies case for Dicks carrying their product, is where do we draw the line? I mean take a walk around Dicks and look around.. Do we start boycotting fishing line companies such as Trilene, or lure companies,there are many different products sold at Dicks... And don't get me wrong I'd love to see Dicks, Yeti and a bunch of other companies go belly up over their recent stunts...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Only problem with getting on a companies case for Dicks carrying their product, is where do we draw the line? I mean take a walk around Dicks and look around.. Do we start boycotting fishing line companies such as Trilene, or lure companies, there are many different products sold at Dicks... And don't get me wrong I'd love to see Dicks, Yeti and a bunch of other companies go belly up over their recent stunts...

I think everyone should personally make that decision for themselves. For some, it may be any company associated with Dicks who doesn't stand up for them, for others it may be any hunting related company that simply continues to associate with dicks. No matter where an individual draws that line people should know exactly where these companies stand on the subject and decide for themselves. I think its a great idea to ask them then post their response for others to see and base their opinion on.

Reactions: Fletch

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
My email to Ten Point:

Im a fan of your product, I think you have great customer service as well as a great crossbow. My question to you guys is, how long until you are no longer partnered with Dicks Sporting goods? Do you have a plan in place to remove or stop providing them with your product?

Their response:

Dustin,

Thanks for the email.

We have not currently made a decision on that situation, but we are watching it closely and have had several conversations about it.

I worked for Dick’s for about 7 years, prior to coming here and I, personally am disappointed in the decisions they have been making.

Sincerely,

Randy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My email to Ten Point:

Im a fan of your product, I think you have great customer service as well as a great crossbow. My question to you guys is, how long until you are no longer partnered with Dicks Sporting goods? Do you have a plan in place to remove or stop providing them with your product?

Their response:

Dustin,

Thanks for the email.

We have not currently made a decision on that situation, but we are watching it closely and have had several conversations about it.

I worked for Dick’s for about 7 years, prior to coming here and I, personally am disappointed in the decisions they have been making.

Sincerely,

Randy

Interresting. I've been contemplating doing something similar but from an official TOO standpoint. I'll type up a form email this evening from TOO and head to Dicks to make a list of product brands in their sporting goods department. I'll post the original email and the response from the companies in another thread.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I wanted to mention TOO, but felt it was better left up to you or Jesse.

More from Ten Point:

My email to Ten Point:

Their response:

Dustin,

Thanks for the email.

Sincerely,

Randy

My response to theirs:

Randy thanks for responding. Im about to be in the market for a new crossbow and right now, my decision is up in the air. Do you know how long until you guys will reach a decision? I will be basing my decision, as im sure others will too, based on the companies that are aligned with my beliefs when it comes to protecting and providing for my family. Dicks is on a long list of companies who will never get any more $ from me. Im just 1 person, and I believe there are many many more out there who are on the same page as I am.

Thank you,
Dustin

Randy's response:
Dustin,

No, I do not have a time frame on that decision, but our CEO is one of the people who has been in the conversations. He is headed on a bear hunt later this week, so I don’t suspect anything for a week or so at the soonest.

It is too bad they have gone this direction on this topic because they are a good company that gives a lot back to youth sports, sporting parks and things like that.

Thanks,
Randy

I'll continue to update as I hear more.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I am not going to blame any product for the decision that dicks made on their own. I'm glad to see companies standing up but I'm not going to fault them either. I will buy their products but it won't be from Dick's!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am not going to blame any product for the decision that dicks made on their own. I'm glad to see companies standing up but I'm not going to fault them either. I will buy their products but it won't be from Dick's!

I would not balme a company for the decision that Dicks made, but I will surely hold them accountable for knowing dicks position and then making a decision to stand beside Dicks and continue to support their business.

If a company stands beside Dicks and continues to allow their products to be sold, then they are funding the assault on Gun ownership. They are assisting Dicks in the hiring of anti-gun lobbyist in Washington and profits made from the sale of those products is being funneled into the campaigns of those who wish to abolish the 2nd amendment.

Like you I won't fault anyone for Dicks decision, I will fault them for standing behind that decision and continuing to fund it. Every dollar that dicks makes in profit from these products is just like a donation from that company to the Brady Campaign. I don't know about you but i don't want to purchase a product if I know that product is funding lobbyist and an anti gun movement. And it doesn't matter where you buy it, Cabelas, Bass Pro, small mom and pop. If that products company is also doing business with Dicks then they're funding this movement. It tells me they're completely ok with selling out the rights of Americans and Sportsmen to make a buck.