Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

READ THIS if attending Strouds!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Per the "new normal" in 2020, we have a slight change in plans due to COVID implications that even impacted an unnamed holler in Athens County.

The Group Camp has not been used all year due to COVID and is in need of some TLC that simply won't happen before the weekend. So, we worked out a compromise with Management, which is depicted below. Dustin and Dan are down there now, so the cabin is on lockdown and Dustin is occupying a site that is now the "southern boundary" of our new sanctuary. The area label "tents", no longer has camper pads and makes a suitable area for the tent campers and our other "yard game" activities. Those of us with campers will stage up south of the cabin on the creek side of the road. @giles and I will be down with our campers on Wednesday to set up and better define our territory. We'll establish a new community campfire location and we'll make it work.

See you all this weekend!

Untitled.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
So that I understand clearly, does 'lockdown' mean that the cabins are no longer available then for those that were originally scheduled/planning to occupy?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
No. "Lockdown" means Dan is already there and it's safely occupied for those sleeping in it. We only have the 1, so that means we should have a buffer on the other side since I doubt they'll fill it this week.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Even though I feel pretty good, other than getting wore out when I exert myself at times... & it'll improve, it will be in the best interest of everyone for me to stay home & play it safe. I was really looking forward to fixing those beans .... lol

While that that really sucks for you, and for us as we'll miss the beans, that's probably a smart move bud.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Even though I feel pretty good, other than getting wore out when I exert myself at times... & it'll improve, it will be in the best interest of everyone for me to stay home & play it safe. I was really looking forward to fixing those beans .... lol
Smart move on your part, buddy... Attendees will appreciate that in the long run. We’ll raise a can/bottle in your honor.... Salute!!!! 👍🏼🍺

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
That "Tent" area, is a Shit show that also hasn't been mowed and looks worse than the group camp. The " Care takers" aren't doing their jobs. Someone bring a leaf blower...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
That "Tent" area, is a Shit show that also hasn't been mowed and looks worse than the group camp. The " Care takers" aren't doing their jobs. Someone bring a leaf blower...

Let me know for sure if I should make room on my first trip down with firewood Wednesday mid morning, thanks!

Attachments

• 20201005_105309.jpg
    20201005_105309.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Dustinb80

Creamer

Athens
You guys picked a good weekend. The temps are really going to drop Friday and Saturday. What day/time would be best to swing by and catch everybody? Evening after everyone is back or middle of the day? I'm probably hunting Friday afternoon.

Reactions: Wildlife and giles