Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Reelfoot lake Tennessee?

NAC1989

Clark county
My dad has been wanting to fish this lake for over a year now and he made reservations at a lodge so we’re heading down there around noon. Everything I’ve looked up says it’s a great crappie and bluegill lake and according to the lodge owner there still biting good. Just curious if anyone has been here before? Hell, even if the fishing isn’t good it’ll be quality time spent with the old man and I’ll at least share my experience here for others.

NAC1989

Clark county
Well the fishing wasn’t great during our stay, according to the locals I talked to it’s because the lake level is about 19” low for this time of year otherwise the crappie would’ve been on fire. Dad managed to catch one nice crappie though. The lake itself is amazing, it’s all bald cypress swamp and the amount of wildlife in the area was pretty cool to see. We only fished on 1 section of the lake where we stayed, there’s 4 sections total and if we make it back down we’ll hit the bigger and deeper section for sure. My Dad liked the lake so much he already booked a spring stay for him and a good family friend but I’m unsure whether I’ll be going back down with him for the trip or not.
405CD290-13E4-40DA-9CDB-82E255931BAB.jpeg
3531C3B6-76EC-45B3-8366-B9199E4B12AE.jpeg
548DE2DE-F5A5-42F0-8309-AE80CAE1CA57.jpeg