Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Reo Speedwagon

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Reo Speedwagon was supposed to perform for the Safari Club convention in Reno next month. They just backed out claiming that anti-hunters were harassing them. They signed a contract so I guess it’s going to cost them big $$.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I can't find any news about it. I checked out their twitter and Facebook and didn't see any antis giving them crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: giles

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I can't find any news about it. I checked out their twitter and Facebook and didn't see any antis giving them crap.
I’m friends with the guy who is co-chair of the SCI convention committee. That is the reason they are giving for breaking the contract. He told me about it in details that I can’t share publicly. They have found a replacement act, finalizing those details.

The Beach Boys are performing also and Donald Trump Jr. will be speaking at one of the dinners.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’m friends with the guy who is co-chair of the SCI convention committee. That is the reason they are giving for breaking the contract. He told me about it in details that I can’t share publicly. They have found a replacement act, finalizing those details.

The Beach Boys are performing also and Donald Trump Jr. will be speaking at one of the dinners.

Oh I wasn't saying you were wrong, just that no antis are giving them crap. They could only wish though, TOOs social media is doing better than theirs. 🤣

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
they found a Long Haired Country Boy to fill in.
F71E370E-3A83-4281-AC80-A5B89DFA4E53.jpeg

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Beach Boys co-founder Brian Wilson is asking fans to boycott the band he helped start because of a coming performance at a hunting event in Nevada.
In a tweet Monday, Wilson said there was nothing he could do to stop the concert Wednesday at Safari Club International's annual convention in Reno, Nevada, which will feature the touring group led by co-founder Mike Love. The group's convention will also include a keynote speech Saturday by Donald Trump Jr.
E8489E5B-BC54-48EB-96B9-46E91918D497.jpeg

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...RKyPZ-15wFHjFDvRrD8Yeqb6MLZTqGLGhGYSCNqsC-T3k

Reactions: Jackalope

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Mike Love heard the protests, but went ahead with the controversial decision to have the Beach Boys perform at a major hunting convention.
Social media posts showed the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame act, known for such classics as “California Girls,” “Surfin’ Safari” and “Good Vibrations,” performing at the Safari Club International Convention in Reno, Nevada, on Wednesday night.
Freedom loving, wildlife & conservation supporting, SCI welcomes THE BEACH BOYS! #scishow2020 #scishow #firstforwildlife #firstforhunters pic.twitter.com/WjgkUgdIyr
— Safari Club Intl (@SafariClubIntl) February 6, 2020

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02...re-boycott-and-perform-at-hunting-convention/

Reactions: Jackalope