Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Score?

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I don't know about you, but I can't wait until bow season starts. Anybody want to pass some time by posting some views of a buck they have on camera and having whoever wants to guess age and score (net and gross)? I know some of you are pretty good at this already, but it might help some others become better at this.
Try this guy:

Attachments

• 342.jpg
    342.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 339.jpg
    339.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 233

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looked at it for a while before reading everyone's view of it..... I guess I suck at this game cause I was figuring 140ish..... :smiley_crocodile:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
id guess right around 120-125

Looking quickly at the pics, this is what I would have guessed if I was sitting in a tree stand. The more I try to score, the more I realize I am not very good at it. Thanks for the idea by posting this thread. Could be a great way to hone our skills (or lack of in my case).

I just calculated after looking more closely. I am going with 126" gross. 121" net.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He'll score as an 8 pt. Gross mid 120's net around 120. Nice young buck though. Thanks for sharing. Ps... He needs another year to make P&Y, IMHO.

Schu72

Streetsboro
He'll score as an 8 pt. Gross mid 120's net around 120. Nice young buck though. Thanks for sharing. Ps... He needs another year to make P&Y, IMHO.

I think he has a short g4 on the left. As long as its over an inch he would be a 10, but after the deductions it wouldn't matter much.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Thanks for your input guys. My buddies and I guess this one to be mid 120s gross. He does have a tiny g4 on the left side, but I don't know if it is over an inch long, and because of that it may only net score as an eight. I think he is 3.5 as well. I'm pretty sure I have a picture of him last year and one on us passed on him from a stand. As I got a new bow this year, I am looking for a net P&Y. At this place it seems the bigger bucks show up after the season starts so I am not yet concerned about the lack of big deer sightings.