Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scrape Training for Bucks

I'm scrape training these 2 bucks for the next 4ish years. :ROFLMAO: They've seen me in 3 different tree stands and neither one of them (I think they're brothers) have spooked, after they spot me in a tree. 🤔 My evil scheme is to get them used to seeing me in a tree and a few years from now when they're a lot bigger, it'll be a lot easier to shoot them. 🙂 Of course, I'm kidding, but it sure is fun to fool around with these youngsters, while they try to figure out what's happening. 👍💯
Scrape 1.jpg

Scrape 2.jpg

Small Buck 1.jpg

Was he coming into the scrape below your tree?
Yeppers! Plus, there's another one behind the tree that I was in, which has become a yearly thing for the bucks in the area. 👍 I posted a video last year from this same tree of a buck licking branches at the base of my tree. :cool: Now, if I could just get them to bring their girlfriends along, I'd have it made.
This guy is directly behind my tree, from where this year's buck was in front of my stand.

Never seen this guy until this morning, when he passed by at 8 yards. He looked right up at me, waited for the photo op and walked on down the trail. Must be a millennial buck. 🤣
At about 50 yards, he refreshed a scrape and licked some branches. 😎
M Buck 3.jpg

M Buck 2.jpg

M Buck 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Holla
The farmers are taking the corn off next to this woods that I'm hunting. This evening, they flushed this little guy towards my tree stand. Of course, he stopped for his photo op training and a short video. :ROFLMAO: Then he moseyed off into the woods and made another scrape to the north of me, about 60 yards away. :cool:
Z buck 1.jpg

Z buck 2.jpg

Z buck 3.jpg