Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Share your best whitetail pic/story

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
53E83ED7-6BEB-4839-B34A-210E58B4B3E5.gif

This one time...at band camp...I dressed up as a woman and picked a fight with a bear.

Slightly more clever spam. Might be looking for free pics to add to the website 🤔
No way brother, no scam here. We're a Outfitter in Ohio and we truly love to hear hunters success stories. Every story we read has a little piece of success or happiness in it and if there is ever a story that we could implement the things that made the person writing have success or happiness into our outfit and better someone's hunt or experience, that story is worth its weight in gold to us.
thank you for comment and we hope you have a great day, year and season to come.

OhioWRO,

Reactions: Chancegriffis
Maybe @OhioWRO can share their picture/story of their personal best whitetail buck or whitetail hunt first?
Absolutely, Being a outfitter its really hard to pin point one specific memory because they're all worthy of being written about. But hands down the memories we have had with my children are on the very TOP of our list. This was opening morning of the youth season up in Michigan, the first year my youngest son was able to finally get behind the gun. I sat the blind weeks in advance overlooking a alfalfa field that I knew was being pounded by a good group of Bachler bucks. The morning sun came up, my two boy and myself were waiting still and quit for the first deer to walk into the field. Shortly after the sun peeked over the trees the first deer stepped out, a young doe and 2 fawns. As they milled around our focus quickly drifted away from the corner the deer like to come out of and would you know it we look back and there stood the first buck, chaos erupted as we scrambled to get my youngest boy set and ready for what looked like his first buck. Out of no where, just before the shot the buck bolted back into the woods, As you can imagine everyone was heart broken. That didn't last long when right out of the corner stepped these 2 bucks. now we have a real opportunity here, both boys had their hunting licenses but we only had one gun. Rule was, youngest first then my other boy, (he's shot a few bucks at this point) so he steadied the gun, squeezed the trigger and BOOM the buck dropped right there. Now the chaos really started, the second buck stood there looking like "what just happened" the boys quickly switched seats and Boom just like that, 2 bucks hit the dirt, never took one step. as you can imagine hugs and high fives filled the blind. I'll never forget that day the rest of my life.

Attachments

• IMG_3444.JPG
    IMG_3444.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 119