Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Side project - midlife crisis

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Some of you guys here know, about 5 years ago I was recruited into a band by an old friend who was playing drums for them. Along with him on the drums, there was already a bass player and lead guitar player. They needed a singer that could also play some rhythm guitar. I never claimed to be a singer, but I figured... what the hell? I'll give it a whirl. I suck, but it's fun trying. We started off just jamming in the basement and quickly evolved into a band that had enough cover material to play out at small bars. During these 5 years we kept growing in regard to a local following and started to write some of our own music.

We played local venues doing covers of a wide variety of things influenced mostly by late 80's and early 90's rock. It's a really cool setlist if I don't mind saying and we usually play about 50 songs a night to get us through 4 hours. It can be exhausting.

Then... COVID hit and we had a ton of time on our hands because we couldn't play out anywhere. We started really moving on our originals and before we knew it we had 10 songs ready to be mixed and put out to the public. The guitar player and myself wrote the songs and a few were ones I came up with alone. It's a cool process putting it all together.

Although I love country and southern rock, I'm the only one in the band that does, so our stuff fits into the rock genre. I'm a rocker at heart so I'm not too mad that we don't do any country. But, once the whole album is out, you'll hear many different influences. My big influences range from Guns N' Roses to Alice in Chains to Blackberry Smoke to Waylon Jennings. Our bass player loves the Red Hot Chili Peppers and some of that death metal stuff. Our guitar player is into Blue October and Alice in Chains. Our drummer likes everything but is a huge Kiss fan. It's pretty cool putting all these influences together.

Our first single released today. It's called Bad Addiction. I originally came up with the main riff and rhythm parts on an acoustic guitar then morphed it into an electric jam. The lyrics came to my head after binging Breaking Bad and Ozark. LOL! I came up with the riff and lyrics in about 5 minutes and sent it to our guitar player. I told him to give me killer wah wah solo and he nailed it.

So, I figured I'd put our first single on here in the form of a lyric video one my HS students put together in his media class.

If you're interested in hearing it on a good system, like in your vehicle, you can stream / download (however you get your music) on any of your preferred music outlets. Only the single is available right now, but the whole album will be out soon. For you old school guys, we will also have CD's available if you like what you hear.

Hope ya like it! Please, take it easy on the singer. LOL!

If you're on FB or Instgram, feel free to follow us at Restlessrocks.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hot wife, brilliant children, average hunter...Just when I thought you couldn't get any cooler, you go and do this!

Always admire those who dream and actually DO something..

That made me laugh out loud! Average hunter is a bit offensive though. Lmao! I kid. That was awesome.

Appreciate it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Freakin Dannmann! Never fails to make me laugh.
He is right though. Cotty got it all. The handsome quarterback with the pretty wife. Good looking and respectful kids. What's the catch? Most of these guys have a flaw: like they are an a-hole or narcissistic. Not our Cotty. No. One of the most likeable guys if you ever meet him in person. Dude got the whole package. . . AND he can sing! Sounds good Mike!

Freakin Dannmann! Never fails to make me laugh.
He is right though. Cotty got it all. The handsome quarterback with the pretty wife. Good looking and respectful kids. What's the catch? Most of these guys have a flaw: like they are an a-hole or narcissistic. Not our Cotty. No. One of the most likeable guys if you ever meet him in person. Dude got the whole package. . . AND he can sing! Sounds good Mike!

Way to make it uncomfortable here Phil, talking about Mike's package and shit....... :ROFLMAO: