Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Silence the Ninja Coffee Pot Beeper

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I couldn't take this infernal contraption beeping loud as hell every morning at 4:30 to let everyone know the coffee was done. With no way to silence it with a button combo I dug in and removed the plate from the buzzer. This should work on any pot but my model number is CE251 69

The buzzer is an onboard type on the back of the control board. You'll have to take the bottom off and slide the red blue and black connectors out of their holder. I left the white wire attached. Push on the front of the control panel while trying to pull the assembly out the bottom.

20220122_131050.jpg

From there take out the screws to remove the power board. The control board is the lower one and the buzzer is on the back side of it. Remove the 4 screws to take out the bottom board and flip it over.

20220122_130607.jpg

On the other side of the board you will find a small circular buzzer soldered on the board that looks like this.

Screenshot_20220122-131929_Chrome.jpg

Very carefully pry the very bottom edge to remove the cap and remove the metal plate that looks like this.

20220122_131349.jpg

Put the cap back on the buzzer and reassemble the coffee maker to enjoy your forever mornings of silence.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
The Ninja has a beeper lol? Back in the day I was a mason tender. Cut a shitload of brick without hearing protection on a wet saw. paying the price now. But maybe it's a good thing lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
But you hear Cicadas year round 24/7/365 and silence is louder than a jet engine!
Yep. Our microwave beeps when it’s done. I can’t here it. The range has a beep warning when something is sitting on it. Yep, don’t here that. Left ear is much worse than the right. Used to be the opposite. At some point there’s going too be some hearing aides in my future… Or maybe I’ll just tune out the world 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5Cent

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Yep. Our microwave beeps when it’s done. I can’t here it. The range has a beep warning when something is sitting on it. Yep, don’t here that. Left ear is much worse than the right. Used to be the opposite. At some point there’s going too be some hearing aides in my future… Or maybe I’ll just tune out the world 😂
I had lots of tests done and they showed me a graph that showed the range of my hearing loss. Said they have hearing aides that can cancel out the ringing…you still won’t hear the sounds within the range that was lost, but at least they’ll stop the ringing. Four grand each!! No thanks, I'll deal with the ringing. Someone told me to go to the VA and get them but never checked into it. May be in my future also.

Reactions: Stressless

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I had lots of tests done and they showed me a graph that showed the range of my hearing loss. Said they have hearing aides that can cancel out the ringing…you still won’t hear the sounds within the range that was lost, but at least they’ll stop the ringing. Four grand each!! No thanks, I'll deal with the ringing. Someone told me to go to the VA and get them but never checked into it. May be in my future also.
Got a couple buddies who went too the VA and got the hearing aides and seem too be happy with them. I’ll cross that Brit when I get too it.

Stressless

Keene, OH
George - you really ought to go get a pair from Uncle Sugar.

One thing I've found via my experience w the VA is the hearing aids are quite good and as always, they'll be as dialed in as the tech manning the contraption that reads your charts and you let them be.

I've had a pair about 4 years now, my hearing is rated both for both tinnitus and hearing loss(verbal chart).

Mine have three modes, of which I'm most fond of the 'outdoors' i can hear birds singing again, deer walking thru leaves etc... oh and you can turn them way up to 'bionic' mode- very fun outside. You can get a new - updated pair every 3 years. Which I'm going in this Spring to get my second set.

My loss looks like a notch filter right at the common human females voice frequency... 🤣

Reactions: Sgt Fury
So the Ninja beeping doesn't really bother me much as I am often pouring a cup mid-stream anywho. What does drive me a little crazy is when the warmer shuts off, now THAT's when they need the little beeping to happen. Weekends I make a pot of coffee and work on it for a few hours before I'm done and the warmer is always off half way through that time. I get in the habit of turning it off and back on whenever I visit to fill er up.

Reactions: "J"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So the Ninja beeping doesn't really bother me much as I am often pouring a cup mid-stream anywho. What does drive me a little crazy is when the warmer shuts off, now THAT's when they need the little beeping to happen. Weekends I make a pot of coffee and work on it for a few hours before I'm done and the warmer is always off half way through that time. I get in the habit of turning it off and back on whenever I visit to fill er up.

That is kind of a pain. You can set it for 2, 3 or 4 hours. It defaults to 2.

Reactions: Big_Holla