Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sitka gear

at1010

*Supporting Member*
For those of you that know me, you probably see I am not “up to date” on the latest trends in the industry. Most of my clothes and gear are older - not that I can’t get newer stuff, it’s just been tried and true for me.

Anyway - over the last few years mom and dad buy me Sitka clothing. One item, each birthday or Christmas.

I am no fan boy - and not sure how they even heard of Sitka other than mom is pretty good on a computer and I suspect she googled it up.

long story short - I hate the camo pattern (not sold that even matters). But boy do I love the quality and warmth of the clothing. I hunted tonight in wind, rain,snow and I was toasty warm.

Didn’t even think about getting cold. Idk if I’d ever buy it for myself but after trying it a couple years. Damn. I am sold!!

ok. Hope this helps someone who is looking for an honest review.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
The Sitka fantatic hoodie is amazing. Wear it alot

i got one of their hoodies this year. It is warm as hell and really comfortable. I have their winter jacket - it has like a cross zipper, not sure which one it is. It’s the warmest sob jacket.

with a electronic heated vest and that jacket - I think I could hunt with minimal layers in teen temps.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

at1010

*Supporting Member*
It isn't just that brand. A few companies have really stepped up and are making quality clothing and gear now. It is great when you can be comfortable while doing what you love.
I have heard this! I still love some of the old school Cabelas base layers I have. They were great. Probably 16 years old!

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
I also own “some” Sitka gear. I usually use it for late season/ cold weather hunting. It has not let me down even when it’s single digits outside. Expensive…. Yes …but worth it IMO.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm a full on First Lite fan boi now and am very pleased with the latest editions of the Solitude bibs and jacket. I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $ after some early success with First Lite and feeling they make something that's "good enough". That said, the Sitka Fantic system is the most well-designed hunting "outfit" of all time.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I'm a full on First Lite fan boi now and am very pleased with the latest editions of the Solitude bibs and jacket. I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $ after some early success with First Lite and feeling they make something that's "good enough". That said, the Sitka Fantic system is the most well-designed hunting "outfit" of all time.

i am not sure which stuff I even have other than Sitka. Is there multiple systems within their line or is mine likeky the fanatic stuff?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have the sweatshirt and Fanatic bibs. Could use the jacket. Been hunting with about 5 layers and could use a "good" jacket. I have good late season/gun season jackets but they're too bulky for compound bow. I think I'm going to bite the bullet today and order the jacket. Pay once. Cry once. Generally if we spend money like this, it ends our season. Example: buy a new gun for gun season and you will inevitably tag out a week before gun season. Maybe if I buy the jacket I will tag a buck before the jacket arrives. 🤣

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I bought my first Sitka under layers in 2008 I believe soon after they came out. Its a undershirt but can be worn by itself as well. Has the thumb holes built in which was awesome for me because I always had cut thumb holes with scissors in all my other under shirts. Anyways, I am still wearing it today, literally right now lol. Great quality, just now starting to rip and I have wore the shit out of it for 13 years. Not as big of fan of the rest of the sitka gear I own for the money. But this particular shirt has been awesome.

Reactions: at1010