Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Special Archery Hunt Lotteries offered on Sept. 21 and Sept. 25

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
8/30/2019 Division of Wildlife

Special Archery Hunt Lotteries offered on Sept. 21 and Sept. 25

COLUMBUS, OH – More than 1,000 acres of quality deer hunting land will be available to archers as part of controlled hunts at Caesar Creek, Deer Creek, Findley, Malabar Farm and Maumee Bay state parks, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). Hunters must be present at the drawing location if they are interested in hunting. Anterless deer harvested in these controlled hunts will not count against a hunter’s statewide, county or public land bag limit.
• All drawings except Maumee Bay will begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21. Maumee Bay will be drawn on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 6 p.m.
• All hunts are archery only.
• Names will be randomly drawn and those selected will be assigned a location to hunt in the park.
• Hunters will be permitted to hunt with a partner. The partner is not required to attend the drawing but must be named prior to the start of the hunt.
• Selected hunters will be eligible to hunt their assigned location for two-week increments.
• Hunters must possess a valid 2019-2020 hunting license and a valid deer permit to hunt in the park.
Drawing locations are as follows:
• Caesar Creek State Shelter, 8750 E. State Route 73, Waynesville 45068. Contact Brant Fulks at (513) 897-3055 or brant.fulks@dnr.state.oh.us for more information.
• Deer Creek State Park office, 20635 State Park Road 20, Mt. Sterling 43143. Contact Zach Woodrow at (740) 869-3124 or zachary.woodrow@dnr.state.oh.us for more information.
• Findley State Park Beach, 25381 State Route 58, Wellington 44090. Contact Rocky Carpenter at (440) 647-5749, ext. 100 or rocky.carpenter@dnr.state.oh.us for more information.
• Malabar Farm State Park office, 4050 Bromfield Road, Lucas 44843. Contact Jenny Roar at (419) 892-2784 or jennifer.roar@dnr.state.oh.us for more information.
• Maumee Bay State Park office, 1400 State Park Road, Oregon 43616. Contact Andy Thompson at (419) 836-7758 or andrew.thompson@dnr.state.oh.us for more information.
For more information about hunting seasons and regulations, call 800-WILDLIFE or visit wildohio.gov.
The ODNR Division of Parks and Watercraft is responsible for managing Ohio’s 75 state parks and providing the finest outdoor recreational opportunities, including first-class boating services, facilities and law enforcement for users of Ohio’s waterways and public lands.
ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR website at ohiodnr.gov.

Source link: http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/stay-in...ivisionOfWildlife+(ODNR+Division+of+Wildlife)

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'm going to the Deer Creek one on the 21st.

Anyone else planning on attending?

If I get picked by chance, I'd be willing to invite anyone here that's interested.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to you all...

Isaacorps

Columbus
I'm going to the Deer Creek one on the 21st.

Anyone else planning on attending?

If I get picked by chance, I'd be willing to invite anyone here that's interested.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to you all...
I’ll be there, I’ll return the favor if I get drawn

Reactions: Wildlife

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
If you get drawn in the Deer Creek, I highly recommend sections 1-3, I was in 4 and it was too thick to hunt in most areas, and lots of people walking through due to the horse trails and sites. I know a 140 class was taken in Section 2 last year, and a monster was taken the year before in section 1.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Bumping this as a friendly reminder for anyone that might be interested in any of these archery lottery hunts.

Again, I'll be at the 'Deer Creek Park Office' first thing tomorrow morning at 8:00 am for their sign up.

Good luck to those that give it a whirl!

Reactions: Isaacorps

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just found out that the 'Deer Creek Park' will no longer be having this kind of lottery anymore.

Starting next year, it'll be part of the regular ODNR lottery system going forward.

Not sure if other parks will follow suit, but regardless, I thought I'd share that bit of info with you all.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Just found out that the 'Deer Creek Park' will no longer be having this kind of lottery anymore.

Starting next year, it'll be part of the regular ODNR lottery system going forward.

Not sure if other parks will follow suit, but regardless, I thought I'd share that bit of info with you all.

Interesting!!!