Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Staining bleached out antlers

Gordo

Athens County
I know the info is probably on here.

Long story short. I have a buddies buck that I was supposed to Euro out for him a couple years back.

It's time to suprise his ass with it.

What have you guys used to give the antlers that nice original/darker harvest look. Any tid bits will help.

I have some others I can experiment with, but really want to knock this outta the park for him

I sprayed a set one time with lacquer, but it was glossy so they had a nice shine. It darkened them up though. It was a just a dead head so I didn't really care. I was going to hang them on the barn, so that is why I did it. Never did hang them up.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I bet walnut hulls would work too plus give it a nice smell. Might try them out myself on a deadhead.

I'll second the walnut hulls... Just wear gloves... Or you could go to a taxidermist supply store online and just order some antler stain...

Gordo

Athens County
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'll take action by the weekend! Going to get some shoe polish along with whatever walnut shit you guys have spoken of.

Took a torch to an old ass bleached shed and no luck. Thought I heard somewhere that could work, but didn't seem like it did shit.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'll take action by the weekend! Going to get some shoe polish along with whatever walnut shit you guys have spoken of.

Took a torch to an old ass bleached shed and no luck. Thought I heard somewhere that could work, but didn't seem like it did shit.
A torch? 😂😂😂😂.