Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stanley thermos

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
As many of you agree there is nothing better than a nice cup (or dozen) of coffee in the morning (or throughout the day).

I used to use a hydroflask to bring my hot coffee into the woods with me. It works well, they don't spill in my pack easy (had a contigo made before they offered the locking aspect drain my kids hot chocolate all over my one pack) but they had one big drawback. They kept the coffee really hot for hours, too hot for me to comfortably drink and then once it hit my preferred temperature i felt like i had to drink it quickly before it cooled off too far. That lead to some interesting gotta 💩 moments.

So i bought a Stanley thermos last year for myself for Christmas. I like my new things but am also a sucker for the classics and the nostalgia of the look did it for me.

It keeps my coffee hot and i can pour out a cup into the lid and enjoy it throughout my hunt rather than all at one time.

So anyhow i made coffee yesterday morning and enjoyed a couple of cups while sitting in the blind with my daughter. Brought it in with we went to the basketball game. Didn't take it back or for the afternoon because we were going to do drives and i thought I'd be walking.

Grabbed it just now to wash it up along with the rest of the kitchen stuff and the coffee on it is still plenty hot enough to drink. Just barely below my preferred temperature, it's at the easy drinking temp, not the sip and savor temp.

It's been almost 24 hours!

Well done Stanley thermos, well done.

Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Wide Mouth Bottle (1.1 QT, 2 QT) https://a.co/d/fKC3dn9

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have one that I got back in 1987, it’s had a lot of coffee through it over the years. I did notice it wasn’t working at keeping coffee hot throughout the day when I was using it in cold weather. Might have too retire it and try a new one…. It’s pretty beat up and might have been dropped some 😂

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I have one that I got back in 1987, it’s had a lot of coffee through it over the years. I did notice it wasn’t working at keeping coffee hot throughout the day when I was using it in cold weather. Might have too retire it and try a new one…. It’s pretty beat up and might have been dropped some 😂
1CEDDFF8-F4D6-4120-AECC-C2303C76B2F6.jpeg

Does it look like one of these?😂😂

Bowkills

Nw oh
Im on number 3 and 4 currently in 20yrs. Number 1 got dropped 45ft landed perfectly on its side kinda on a concrete edge, bent look that would hold heat well after. Number 2 got stolen the week i bought it while working on a big jobsite. Number 3s working great just dinged up and handle is gone. Got number 4 for in case i leave 3 somewhere....i love them.

Reactions: Left field

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well just ordered one, looked at the inside of the old one and it looked a little corroded so out with old and in with the new…. Thanks for bringing this up, Doug. And it’s even on sale, so that’s a win…. Last one was made in Tennessee, I’m assuming this one isn’t?

Reactions: Hedgelj

Fletch

Supporting Member

Fletch

Supporting Member
I like the green Stanley thermos... Always served it's purpose... Coffee don't last long around me and most times the coffee has all been consumed before 12 pm... So no time to get cold...

Reactions: Left field

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Well just ordered one, looked at the inside of the old one and it looked a little corroded so out with old and in with the new…. Thanks for bringing this up, Doug. And it’s even on sale, so that’s a win…. Last one was made in Tennessee, I’m assuming this one isn’t?
Screenshot_20221218-102452_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: hickslawns and "J"

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
George.... Come on man.... You know it was this one.....
Lol, I used this same one on my 1st deer gun hunt with my dad. I was 23 / 24, so I had it quite a while.

Reactions: Fletch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I always fill mine with very hot water for a bit, then dump and add the coffee. My dad was an iron worker and that's how he would do it in the winter.
I always did the same. Mine will stay hot for about 4-5 hours these days. Cools off quite a bit after that. I got mine at an odd lots in Columbus when we lived there. Had the loop for the one side of the handle missing. Fashioned one out of a welding rod that worked for a couple decades. The most recent was made out of a coat hanger 😂

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
They have a new orange one out. I don't do hot beverages, but I almost snagged one for Levi and his hot chocolate.
Just make sure to clean it out every day... even after overnight i was gagging over the smell and consistency of what poured/slid out into the sink.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
They have a new orange one out. I don't do hot beverages, but I almost snagged one for Levi and his hot chocolate.
Just make sure to clean it out every day... even after overnight i was gagging over the smell and consistency of what poured/slid out into the sink.

Dad had several Stanley green thermos's over the years. He would always fill 2 for a day's worth of hunting whether it was when I was young and we hunted up here in Michigan or if he was headed to a shack for a day's hunt in Ohio. Jenna picked me up a new one this year for my birthday. Haven't used it yet but it will be perfect when I do.

Reactions: Sgt Fury