Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stone Glacier Gear?

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Does anyone have any experience with Stone Glacier gear? Their Avail 2200 pack looks like its what I want, but the material looks a lot like a puffy jacket material and I’m afraid it’ll tear easily. I currently use a Badlands HDX pack which is fine up until temps start dropping, but its just not quite big enough to carry all my hang & hunt stuff, camera gear and my heavier outer layers that I pack in for the later season. I’ve looked at a few other brands, but the features that Avail offers looks about perfect. I just don’t wanna drop a good chunk of change on something that I’m going to rip on my first outing, I’m not exactly gentle with gear lol.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Listening. I almost text you about the First Lite Transfer Pack after my experience on Monday. I like my Gameplan Gear pack, but not when I'm hanging and hunting in cold weather.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Listening. I almost text you about the First Lite Transfer Pack after my experience on Monday. I like my Gameplan Gear pack, but not when I'm hanging and hunting in cold weather.
I’ve been eyeballing the Transfer pack hard core, but now that I’m an ultra hip saddle hunter, the ability to pack a treestand into it doesn’t really do anything for me. I like having an obnoxious amount of compression straps on the outside of my pack for my tripod, camera arm, coat, bibs, sticks, etc. I’m just not sure if that’ll fit the bill or not.