Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tagged out

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Hunted this morning with my buddy Carl at a spot he has permission . It's a great turkey property .
We set up on the edge of a field near a normal roost and waited . By 630 we hadn't heard a gobble and we're getting restless . About 640 . We packed up to walk towards the back of the property . We went a few hundred yds and called down into the Bottom hoping to hear a gobble .
Nothing but birds chirping and road noise from a nearby highway . We didn't wanna just tromp around knowing darn well there's birds there . But what fun is it hunting quiet turkeys . We decided to bounce to another property . As I turned to take a step I hear a gobble ....close..so close I duck down instinctively . Carl's ears are clogged up from a plane flight yesterday so he doesn't hear it .
We duck back to grab a tree and it gobbles again. Closer yet. We get settled in a less than ideal position and I call....he gobbles back. . Seconds later he gobbles again and I just know it's gonna happen . I stay quiet and click off the safety . I soon see glimpses of a head and make a minor adjustments to get the gun on him. He comes walking up to the point of the 4 wheeler trail where we were standing minutes before and when I can see his upper half I aim good and level him at 10 yds .
When I shoot another gobbler takes flight making me think for a moment I may have missed but when I stand up there lays my bird .
IMG_20190425_070803503.jpg
IMG_20190425_070647542.jpg
48321.jpeg

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Here's some pics of the bird I killed Monday . I was hunting with Carl then as well and we were lucky enough to double . When he and I get together we usually have good success . Mondays birds were killed at a spot he has permission as well. It's a old faithful spot that's produced over the yrs . He'd watched these particular birds follow this route away from the roost a couple different times . .
IMG_20190422_064307206.jpg
IMG_20190422_064243133.jpg
IMG_20190422_063351957.jpg

Last edited: