Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My stands are all up but have a place or two in mind where I'd like to slip in and trim for hunting on the ground near a good creek crossing. Just need to wash a few clothes and smoke up everything and practice a little at the target butt.
Good luck to all my teammates and may you put a slob on the wall and meat in the freezer but most of all be safe and have fun!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Hi guys. Checkin' in too. I have been so busy between work and kid's sports that I am not completely ready to go yet, but I will be by next weekend. It's been a disappointing year for me camera-wise so far. Nothing bigger than a 2.5 year old 8pt. At least we still have the rut :smiley_bril:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got my clothes all washed and ready and will smoke up just before going hunting. My stands are in place and shooting lanes trimmed.
I've had no bucks on camera in the last 30 days but a lot of does and fawns. And you know where the does are the bucks will come searching. I haven't pulled the camera for 2 weeks now so maybe something has come through.
My hunting woods is a pinch point for 2 N-S trails and one E-W trail. These trails go from the neighbors woods-brush through my woods. My food plot is next to the woods.
I don't have a camera on the food plot but will do so as soon as the frost hits and the plots become a late season food draw.
I hope all team members get a giant of a buck and fill your freezer. I'm hoping for a bow kill buck and a doe for the neighbor. Good luck to all and be safe.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Adam checking in, good luck this year 'mates'! As of this past Sunday I am simply waiting for opening day. Equipment and clothes are all set :)Goal 1 is meat in the freezer and I feel Im gonna have a hard time holding off on a doe Saturday morning. No bigguns around for awhile, but that doesnt mean they aint there:smiley_cheers::smiley_cheers:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What about Filler 2 when are they showing up? I do know what Filler 2 is even though it took me awhile to figure it out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I imagine when we have enough alternates to make up the amount of filler spots Ryan will draw them and then slot them in teams needing another member. It sounds better than us picking up bologna or hot dog meat.....:smiley_bril:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Dirt Merchants, Venison Vengence (only 1's i thought of, rest i found lol)

Sand Fleas
Precision Perforation Association
Raw Dogs
Swamp Donkeys
Skull Slammers

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Doesn't look I'll be hunting much on opening weekend. The wind direction looks like N-NE and I really need a SW wind direction to hunt my prime area. I do have a NE wind direction spot about 100 yds. from the house on a N-S trail that passes through my property across my red cedar tree area. The trail comes off the neighbors property and across the road, through my cedar tree patch.
I planted a 1/4 ac. food plot on the trail. Then the trail continues South across my creek property line onto the next neighbors property. Well traveled but haven't hunted it much in the last 12 yrs. since my daughter built a house about 200 ft. off the trail. But the house is well screened by the 15 ft. cedar trees.
Better than setting in the house feeling sorry. Looks like evening hunting only.
Good luck to everyone who goes out.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I don't have many ideas for a name this year, but here are two incorporating our team number THREE:
THe Rack ElitE
THe REal Elixir

It doesn't matter to me. You guys can pick the name.

I'm itching to go this weekend, but can't go Saturday morning and will skip Saturday evening if its over 70 degrees. Too hot for me and too early in the season. Still nothin' on camera worth my time at any of my spots yet.

Good luck to all who make it out!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If Frank is right and the wind comes from the north-NE I have a great stand I'd love to sit in Saturday afternoon till dark!fingers crossed:)

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Just got the word that I am filler 2....glad to be here guys...name is Ben, this will be my first year participating in any forum hunting contest but i hope to have a lot of fun and put some points on the board for us.

As far as helping out with a team name, I can barely pick my own fantasy football team so I'm just satin' I ain't very good at it....but I do like "3's in a tree" for what it's worth