Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
3 Jackalope
3 bigten05
3 steveOh
3 Fletch

Ok guys lets hear it, how are you feeling about this season? Got any tied to a tree? A buddy and I have been scouting and located 5-6 toms and a couple jakes.

Fletch

Supporting Member
OK... Heres how it goes in Jersey... Turkey permits are a weekly thing.... There are 4 weekly periods and one period that is Sat. only... Permits are zone specific also... So I 'm headed to Walmart later to get a period A permit for the zone near my house, I'll also get a Sat. permit for a zone which is about 45 min. away. Not sure how things will pan out near the house as birds as of late are few and far between... Been seeing some Fischers around and they are hell on turkeys... But I'll give it hell... See what pans out... Good Luck TOO all....

Reactions: Dustinb80

steveOh

Dayton Area
I'll have to put up with other hunters on public. Most likely I will hunt during the week to avoid the crowd. It will probably be less crowded the last two weeks of the season....

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I believe we have a 50 point lead already. That's the one I shot in Tennessee was a double beard. One being 10 1/8 the other being 71/4 both Spurs were 3/4 inch would we get 5 points for each spur or is that 5 points total for the bird having 3/4 Spurs. I hope to get out more this season here but I never hunt alot for myself in Ohio.

Reactions: steveOh and Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Bigten I knew I liked you.... LOL Ok we have points on the board....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Don't get your hopes up, Richie [emoji23]

But I got the Sasquatch call ready to go... Besides I just checked Shop Rite... Do Butterballs count??? I did go pick up my permits earlier and saw 5 gobblers out in a field strutting for the attention on 3 or 4 hens... But they were on private prop... LOL

Fletch

Supporting Member
Oh its gonna happen. A double beard is clutch. Its like a free bird. And if i'm not mistaken a certain someone took you shed hunting, I'd say that's worth an invite for turkeys.

Man I'm really beginning TOO like my team members more and more.... Joe, Chad don't owe me an invite for taking him shed hunting... That's just me being me... Heck I don't even have an Ohio license... I'll give it my best to get it done here...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Don't get your hopes up, Richie [emoji23]

Oh its gonna happen. A double beard is clutch. Its like a free bird. And if i'm not mistaken a certain someone took you shed hunting, I'd say that's worth an invite for turkeys.
Ha! Ain't that many turkeys around my spots. That's why I made a call and several strikers for a buddy to hunt his honey hole[emoji23]

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ha! Ain't that many turkeys around my spots. That's why I made a call and several strikers for a buddy to hunt his honey hole[emoji23]

Yeh... And theres no deer on my Pike County Illinois spot......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good luck to all this week. Any one been out scouting?

Went out this morning and had a Jake and a tom pitch right to the clearing 15 yards from the tree we plan to sit at. About 15 min later another tom and about 8 hens landed. Plan to shoot the first tom as soon as his feet hit the ground then stay put and see if we can't get the second tom to pitch to us also. Hopefully we pull a double.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Took Savannah this morning we got close had then about 60 yards away. She was all excited about hearing them gobble. I bought her an apprentice license this year so we're gonna get serious about getting her a shot at a deer and maybe a turkey this year.