Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 7

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
OK checking in for team 7 here. Hopefully I can pop the cherry on this whole turkey hunting thing this year. This will be my third season chasing the infamous thunder chicken. Good luck fellas.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My lazy ass has been to the lake, caught a bunch of crappies, tilled the garden and am now getting ready for my niece's wedding! And I'm checking in here... Good luck this season fellas!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Who's killing something soon?

I'm taking Mason out Saturday morning, and my buddy Lathe on Monday. Maybe one of us will shoot something.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Looks like Brock is the only one getting in the woods for now. Im feeling like shit right now, got some sort of uper respiratory shit going on. My first hunt will hopefully be Wednesday morning with my Mom. Good luck to anyone hunting in the morning.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck to you and Mom! I think I'm going to sleep in tomorrow. I just found one of the birds I heard this morning, and he is on property I don't have permission on. I got in contact with the landowner, and he said I could hunt IF it weren't for an old fella that is trying to kill his first turkey. The dude is 75! I called the landowner back and told him I'd be happy to take the gent out as he had mention the old fella hasn't been able to kill one yet and he's been trying for years. He is supposed to get back with me on that tomorrow sometime... He said if I get the old guy a turkey, I could have the place to myself. Seems more than fair to me!

Hope you get to feeling better Aaron, and good luck Wednesday!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
If you get the opportunity to hunt with the old guy and help him cash in for the first time, that would complete my season! Hopefully he takes you up on your offer. Enjoy!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That would be TOO cool Brock!

I was going to try and go out in the morning but the forecast is showing rain here. Maybe Wednesday.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I haven't heard from the other landowner. However, I did kill one this morning and Mason has killed one, so we are on the board. I drove by the other property on my way home and sure enough that big mouthy old gobbler was out there again...grrr. I seriously hope that old fella decides he wants a little help, that bird is a slam dunk, I think.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I was out this morning and didn't hear or see a thing except for a raccoon. Got a meeting in the morning so it will be Friday morning before I'm out again.

Congrats on the bird Brock!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hang with it Steve. Lathe and I were on this very farm on Monday and did not hear a bird on our side of the fence...and it's over 500 acres! I was pretty sure there was another living in this hollow because I heard him while Mason and I were out there on Saturday. Sometimes they just don't talk much.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Yea I know they're there, there is sign of them scratching all over the place. Also got confirmation on a property that I know has turkeys on it. The land owner told me they are eating all his grass seed around his new pond. Plus last year when we were working there I would call this Jake in to 30 yds while we where sitting there eating lunch on the back porch. Planning on there Friday morning.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Going solo in the morning to a new place so hope that luck is on my side! Congrats on the TOM Brock, your definitely on top of it. Stay at it Steve and good luck. Gobble Gobble!