Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ten point acuslide

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Went to a local sport shop today to get a trout stamp and some fishing gear. I’m going to get another crossbow this year and was looking at the new bows for 2021. The manager showed me the new acuslide and demonstrated how it works. The technology on these bows is amazing. Unlike the ten point I have now, this one can cock and decock without any noise. The one I have now makes a clicking noise as you crank it back. Also, it is very easy to uncock the bow with no noise and the handle will not kick back while unwinding. The anti dry fire and safety are contained in the acuslide, the entire thing functions as a unit. I’ve had an Excalibur, a Horton and still own a ten point...and I am really impressed with this new feature. Even if you don’t hunt with a crossbow, next time you’re in a sporting goods store, check this thing out. You’ll be impressed with the technology.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I have an xbow that I bought after losing everything due to a hurricane. Bought it thinking I can use it and also bring my young boys to get them involved. It is a Parker cyclone that shot 350 FPS. It was also the first one to have an anti dry fire system. Killed some deer with it and the “flair” of the xbow wore off quickly. As I was much younger and didn’t need one.....still don’t. But I love hunting and any form of weapon to pursue my quarry I’m all about it. Later bought a used bow and still hunt with it.

There has been a lot of improvements made over the past 15 years. Weight, speed, draw loading and now unloading without shooting a bolt. Yes they are faster now, lighter and more compact. For some reason and still self implied the kill comes w an asterisk. It’s not a bow nor a gun. I intend on buying a new one in a few years just cause it adds to some setups where you cant use a regular bow so it still appeals to me. Ground hunting thick shit where no trees exist. Xbow give you an advantage that you can’t get w a bow. That is less movement, consistent shots and blazing speeds. As a hunter you still need to know your yardages. Some people take shots in most people’s eyes that most wouldn’t because of the constant groupings, not taking account that the deer moves and a bad shot could and will most likey be the outcome. I’m happy that we are given the choice to hunt w one and the advancements made. Eventually I will buy a xbow and never look back.

I don’t look down on xbow hunters unless your hunting unethical. To a true hunter it’s about fair chase, beating them on their terms. It’s exciting that we have options and also keeps aging bow hunters or youngsters the opportunity to stay in the field or to get in the field earlier than normal.

As an outdoorsman it is us that put divides on other peoples methods of the hunt. Shame on us! We are losing the battle to keep our heritage alive. Sorry George if this seems like I’m on a soap box, wasn’t meant to be. I’m very passionate about the outdoors as everyone here is.

Get that bad puppy and kill as you see fit.

Last edited:
I purchased my first crossbow, last month and I was overwhelmed at the technology in crossbows. :rolleyes: It took me a while to choose a brand, but feel I went with a good choice, in the Ravin R10. This season will escape me for a kill with the R10, but I'll look forward to turkey season and deer in the fall. Meanwhile, I'll get in some practice at the longer yardages that this device is capable of doing. :unsure:
I'll admit, the longer distance shots that this R10 will do with exceptional accuracy is a bit unnerving. Prior decades of bow hunting has always been a close range affair...inside 30 yards. I'm not sure how this will apply.

Bowhunter57

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
B52C231E-71DC-42E5-A791-92E26A703DF3.jpeg
EADA5A0B-4D1A-40B1-9560-E2577537FF36.jpeg
B9B3A3D8-43F9-4369-98F0-974AB7B5E7C8.jpeg
2648E7AD-2D72-4B75-A511-61CA82AB380D.jpeg

Put a deposit down a few days ago and got the call late yesterday that the crossbow had arrived. Picked it up this morning. Can’t wait to shoot it and sight it in. Scope has a good field of view and is crisp. Also bought enough bolts to last for many seasons...18 total. Anyone looking to buy a ten point, be mindful of the size bolts each model shoots...some models shoot 20” bolts while others now shoot 16” bolts, so if you have plenty of one size or another, it may make a difference in deciding which model to purchase. I have plenty of 20” bolts from my other ten point crossbow and didn’t want to have two different size bolts laying around...so I went with a model that shoots the 20” bolts.

Snyder10

Looking through the forums, hopefully this is the place I can get some questions answered. After about 8 years, I upgraded to the Tenpoint Invader, and like someone else mentioned, holy shit it’s overwhelming on what to get. A couple questions about these crossbows: 1.) Do I have to shoot with their “alpha nock” or can I continue to use my 20 inch carbon express pile driver half-moon nocks? 2.) I don’t have the de-cocking device, where would I pick up a de-cocking arrow or what kind of target should I get to shoot the arrow in when I don’t fire the crossbow? What kind of do’s and dont’s have you guys experienced with the Tenpoints?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Looking through the forums, hopefully this is the place I can get some questions answered. After about 8 years, I upgraded to the Tenpoint Invader, and like someone else mentioned, holy shit it’s overwhelming on what to get. A couple questions about these crossbows: 1.) Do I have to shoot with their “alpha nock” or can I continue to use my 20 inch carbon express pile driver half-moon nocks? 2.) I don’t have the de-cocking device, where would I pick up a de-cocking arrow or what kind of target should I get to shoot the arrow in when I don’t fire the crossbow? What kind of do’s and dont’s have you guys experienced with the Tenpoints?
F1E93950-2AF0-415C-B2CA-7FD4B963D3AC.jpeg
D0C558CC-ACA9-4B28-937A-4486061DE82C.jpeg
38E346AD-4457-4BB8-B3DC-3F1732FD5281.jpeg

Reactions: Big_Holla and giles