Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Texas Hunt November 2019

Lundy

I got a chance to go to Texas and hunt for a few days, we took some customers and had a lot of fun. It made me remember how much I love being out. The land is unlike anything I have ever hunted.

Here are a couple of videos, the last one with the pigs I did not video very well, I didn't have him centered at the shot, oh well, one less destructive pig on that land. I did not see any deer to shoot but I'm going back down twice during December for a few days, maybe.....

Lundy

The ranch we hunted has two areas separated by high fence. Both areas are over 3,000 acres. The primary ranch hold hunts for wounded warriors, dream hunts for kids with terminal illness, etc. There are some huge deer on that first section of the ranch. We have to drive trough the first section to get to our hunting section. We saw this deer 2 different times while driving through. He was easily in the mid to upper 200's.
IMG_2827.jpg

Reactions: Fletch

Lundy

The first area is completely high fence and deer have full run of the entire area of over 3,000 acres. The area we hunt, also over 3,000 acres, is only high fence separating the two areas, the rest is all low fence. That country is so thick I am certain that deer could live their entire lives never being seen by anybody

Fletch

Supporting Member
Sounds like a great trip and you had fun.... That's what counts... Thanks for sharing and Good Luck if you go back.....