Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Hoyt is done...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Except for BH tuning. Took it TOO Skeeter Creek as my threads were in. Ran into another TOOzer while I was there (Curran). Dang, you have some good kids!

Had to press it a few times to get the bow "square" and the lobes on the cams equal distance from the string. Took it home and threw it through some paper. These are the last three shots after a couple little tweaks. 2 fletched and one bare shaft.

Decided to shoot fletches with bareshafts yesterday and this morning. 30 yards and the bares are hitting right. Will take it to SCO and but a twist into the left yoke and should be GTG.

So this morning I got my wrist sling in from Fluteman and took a couple beauty shots...

Thank you Fluteman and Milo.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Lookin real nice man. You give the vector turbo a try?

Yep and I liked it. If you moprhed my bow and yours it would be perfect IMHO. Well, perfect if they had more adjustable draw stops ;) Mine is READY to go...little valley.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Looking good man all matchy and everything.

thats funny.

looks good been

Oh thanks by the way for pointing out that little sound you heard in my rest last time we were at milos....

....now I'm hearing it too.:smiley_blackeye:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fuggin' badass dude!!! :smikey_clap:

Told Greg and Milo both tonight, I may keep my bow. After Milo tuned it and replaced my strings/cables, I ordered the stab and string stopper he suggested. Shoot with Greg tonight after adding the string stopper and all I can say is "wow". I'm so happy right now. After this season, I'm going to add a Limb Driver and Spott Hogg in black, paint my riser, leave the limbs camo, and add a torque less grip to the XT. Try it out and see what numbers I can get with a 400 grain arrow. If I stay around 380, I'll be happy. Go simple with 3 pins at 25, 35, and 45. My bow just feels how it should and the longer I shoot, the more feel because #1 for me. I have now envy when Greg and JB get their rigs out, but they still feel like strangers when I shoot them. The worst thing I could do would be to run 100 arrows through either of those bows because I'd buy one!

Archery tuning, tinkering and shooting is so much damn fun!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fuggin' badass dude!!! :smikey_clap:

Told Greg and Milo both tonight, I may keep my bow. After Milo tuned it and replaced my strings/cables, I ordered the stab and string stopper he suggested. Shoot with Greg tonight after adding the string stopper and all I can say is "wow". I'm so happy right now. After this season, I'm going to add a Limb Driver and Spott Hogg in black, paint my riser, leave the limbs camo, and add a torque less grip to the XT. Try it out and see what numbers I can get with a 400 grain arrow. If I stay around 380, I'll be happy. Go simple with 3 pins at 25, 35, and 45. My bow just feels how it should and the longer I shoot, the more feel because #1 for me. I have now envy when Greg and JB get their rigs out, but they still feel like strangers when I shoot them. The worst thing I could do would be to run 100 arrows through either of those bows because I'd buy one!

Archery tuning, tinkering and shooting is so much damn fun!!!

Let me know when you're ready to paint... I have a few suggestions for things NOT to do. lmao