Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The "Stick " cam

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
With this topic fresh on my mind, & I have nothing else to do, I'll re visit this test & see what happens. I rubbed some of the nearby saplings as well.

20181218_120800.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Do we have a baseline for deer movement before you stuck this out?

I'm sticking this were I have had constant movement. It's all does & fawns for the most part. I really don't know what to expect or accomplish for that matter, other than deer paid attention to this when I last did it. I do believe I'll get a bunch of pics of them licking the stick & around where I rubbed it on the trees. I remember years ago, from watching up in my climber, the deer would come along & stop at the trees that I rubbed it on, and give it a sniff & a lick. I remember a small buck checking out the stick too. Therefore, I would call it an attractant. What that means & what the end result would be is something I'm not sure of. Deer are curious about everything & this would be no different.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I think since you have a experience on what has happened before, I’d like everyone to give an educated guess on what they think will happen.

I think deer will be cautious of it. Not an attractant at all. I will say that a young doe or fawn or 1.5 yr old buck may approach it. No way will you see a mature buck go to it.

Pony up deer hunters, who knows this thread may make us look like fools with all the scent free crap, scentlok, scent crusher, ozone maker and smoking your clothes.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
My uneducated guess is that deer will get used to it after a few days and then ignore it. Deer pics will slow down for the first 3-4 days then will normalize.

Pretty much the same thought here. IMO they’ll probably come in, smell it; check it out then they’ll just go back to thier normal routine that day.