Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL TideWe Turkey Vest

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
For you guys that liked the looks of the Alpz Grand Slam vest, this is basically the same vest. I ordered one last week for the sale price on Amazon after cashing in some credit card points. I'm impressed and the fact that the frame is removable is what sold me. It's really well made with more than enough storage. It's not super bulky like my other vest and the seat is super comfy.

Screenshot_20210315-203823_Chrome.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Code: NEW20 with free shipping gets this vest for $112. I love this thing and definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new vest.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Heck of a deal. Vests with seats drive me nuts though. Always banging on crap and the seat hitting briars and vines etc.

I roll with a small camelback backpack and a fold up stool like this one. That little 6 inches of elevation makes a world of difference and it's easy to twist and turn without feeling like I'm sitting on my tail. I admittedly don't carry the decoys though. 😅. I do carry the tripod and camera though. 🤔

hs-strutreg-deluxe-two-way-strut-seat-by-hunters-specialtiesreg-1215380-1.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Heck of a deal. Vests with seats drive me nuts though. Always banging on crap and the seat hitting briars and vines etc.

I roll with a small camelback backpack and a fold up stool like this one. That little 6 inches of elevation makes a world of difference and it's easy to twist and turn without feeling like I'm sitting on my tail. I admittedly don't carry the decoys though. 😅. I do carry the tripod and camera though. 🤔

View attachment 149755
F963728D-EC55-41F7-A1F2-3CDA5235D88D.jpeg

Reactions: Jackalope

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've got one of those seats. Pretty nice for coyote hunting. Some of us have our busy work season during turkey season. Hard to get excited when you are fairly certain you won't be able to go hunting.

Reactions: OO2

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've got one of those seats. Pretty nice for coyote hunting. Some of us have our busy work season during turkey season. Hard to get excited when you are fairly certain you won't be able to go hunting.

All it takes is the first 30 minutes after the crack of dawn. Many many times we setup and the bird pitched the other way so we left to go to work. Try again the next day. Eventually there will be a morning where he runs right to the gun barrel off the roost.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
All it takes is the first 30 minutes after the crack of dawn. Many many times we setup and the bird pitched the other way so we left to go to work. Try again the next day. Eventually there will be a morning where he runs right to the gun barrel off the roost.
That's cool. I hope you have much success. I'll be getting a little sleep and heading out to work on those mornings. 🤣