Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's Outdoor Quiz...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Came across this while in my attic... Brand new, never used.... I know the older guys will recognize it, but some of you youngins won't....
PXL_20201125_152535501.jpg

Reactions: CJD3

Bowkills

Nw oh
Andy Anders came up with the idea of the climbing tree stand after pursuing Japanese snipers that used to hang in trees using vines where his idea came from. Just in case someone wants to know what goggle search first climbing treestand brings up.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Guess it'll take one of the older gentleman to guess this although Jamie knows....Maybe Rick, Ric, Ron bet J knows, That old fart...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Funny, I bought that and still " hugged the tree " till about 5 years ago when I gave up climbers... Now I wanna just go in and climb up....:ROFLMAO:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Funny, I bought that and still " hugged the tree " till about 5 years ago when I gave up climbers... Now I wanna just go in and climb up....:ROFLMAO:

The problem was we went from hugging the tree and being so close too it, too leaning out away from it and relying on a mechanical device. Which we all know, never fails 😂😂😂

A buddy gave me one, I just couldn’t get comfortable using it.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
J, you remember first time you tried climbing... Getting the coordination to hug, tilt your toes in and lift, then set your heels down.... That would have made one hell of a funny video.... I remember getting my older brother into archery hunting and he mastered climbing pretty quick... One morning I was up a tree in my baker and he was below me maybe 100 yds... All of a sudden a hear CRASH... So I go rushing down and see him standing at the bottom of the tree... Stand is all busted up and twist... So I ask WTF happened??? He responded: Since it was my first time, I decided to only go about 10 ft up... Then I stood as close to the tree as possible... Well we know how they work to get down... Put weight on the inside of stand is like tipping your toes... BOTTOM FLOOR PLEASE... Another time (about 2 weeks later) he's about 18 ft up and couldn't get his feet in the rubber stirrups... I had to put my stand on tree and go up under him and put the rubber around his heels...

Reactions: Bankfish

mrbighorns

Medina
Have one of those stand we turned into A hang on with some sticks. I was just talking about switching it out due the thin metal for the stand portion getting rusted, afraid its going to give out one day

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
The Buckshot tree climber was the best climber I’ve ever owned. Screaming eagle hang ones were great back in the day also. They had an advertisement where they had two or three dressed out elk hanging from one to show it’s strength...animal rights people freaked and they changed the advertisement to a VW beetle hanging from it.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
And no harnesses were worn back then. It was nothing too be 20’ up and wind blowing and not a care in the world. My have the times changed.... For the better with stand safety.
J.... We were just plain crazy or stupid in our younger years...

Reactions: Spencie