Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trackind Dogs - watch who you call.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Im so pissed I could scream.
I had a call the other night from a guy who heard about me from some state troopers I had tracked for (who heard about me from some cops in Tenn - have no idea how) but anyway. He had shot a Trophy buck and wanted my dogs. I explained how I no longer had the dogs and we had a short conversation about the shot, the deer and I tried to offer some suggestions. One being this Guy I met at the Deer and Turkey expo who was from Mt Vernon (once, big deal) and Had a Dash from the Guy in New York(who I also met). "They love what they do and dont charge for it and will accept some gas money" HAH. Same thing this wonderful newspaper article said that a friend just sent me from the Distpatch Nov. 26, 2011.
So he had already called this not mentioning names "attorney" with the dog whose really in Columbus. "Mr attorney, asks for him to send a copy of the permission and/lease before he would come. My caller said sure, but would it help to know Im a cop and family guy blah blah. The "attorney" Rips into him about hopefully not being the one who pulled him over last week and says Ill call you back and it'll be $50 plus gas money. He never did call back either. Thus is when this guy calls me. I tried to hook him up after that with the number of the guy on here and turns out he retired.
Ultimately the guy found his deer the next day. But It really makes me miss Tracking. It was almost more fun than hunting. I rarely charged anything unless the drive was real far. It was FUN for me and the dog.
So this big article in the dispatch is all about this wonderful "attorney" and his dog Id love to share is a joke. SHameful!

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2011/11/26/from-dog-towolf.html

And my dogs didnt need blood to find the deer. It helps though to match the interdigital scent gland matter with the blood for a "single-deer" fingerprint for the dog to lock on to. kinda like scent DNA

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I knew of a guy that walked into a local newspaper a week after christmas and paid cash for a classified add that read " Will pay cash for your used live christmas tree. , and gave his buddies phone number...

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i know this guy, he owns property all over, one of his farms buts right into our main farm, dont want to put what i want to on here, hes a good guy but can be a dick big time.