Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Traditions Nitrofire Muzzle Loader

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm not sure I like the "Firestick" concept... We'll see.
That’s my take on it as well. I’ll wait too see it while the seasons progress and see the reviews on it. I think my brother might pull the trigger on it.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Safer, more reliable, more consistent?
Who wants that shit?

I can shoot pellets (I don't) or I can shoot loose powder. I like options.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Safer??? And I’ve never had consistency or reliability issues with my muzzy. But marketing is king.
Just don’t see the benefit of the extra loading steps.
Probably what some folks said about the pellets as well. We’ve seen how that’s taken off. May be a gimmick, may have a following after a couple seasons. Time will tell.

Bighoun52

In the woods
Brother In law has one. Helped him sight it in. The only differences I see is 1) there seems to be way less smoke than from regular pellets or loose powder 2) taking the powder out at the end of the hunt could help when weather is bad. Other than that seems to be pretty much the same as other inlines

Reactions: Smawgunner2 and "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Brother In law has one. Helped him sight it in. The only differences I see is 1) there seems to be way less smoke than from regular pellets or loose powder 2) taking the powder out at the end of the hunt could help when weather is bad. Other than that seems to be pretty much the same as other inlines
Thanks for the update.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I signed up for the experience of shooting a real, cap or flintlock muzzle loader and all the mess that goes with it. It's part of the "romance."
This contraption is a bastard child. I looked around online and have decided I don't care for it.

(I'll still love ya if you get one though J... lol)

• Haha
Reactions: "J" and giles