Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Treestand for you aging people on here.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I thought it was pretty cool. If I had a physical issues not allowing me to climb I'd consider it. Looks like they have been trying for years to give this going.
image.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CJD3

Jamie

Ohio
hard pass for me. when I can no longer climb into tree stands with my own legs, I'll be staying on the ground to hunt. this is a ridiculous idea.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Why the back lash? Just would like to hear why? If a guy has one leg and struggles getting in a ladder stand it might work him. I can see a shitload of negatives and safety concern for old people and disabled that shouldn't be in the air in the first place but it might help someone. I'd think there is a market for a few out there.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Or for guided handicapped hunters like the buck masters used to put on. I think it's an awsome idea for programs like that.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I can see it helping SOME hunters, but they're gonna be asking an arm and a leg for it to cover the cost/demand. For me, If I'm not physically able to climb, my boots will stay on the ground. What if something fails or I fall off the stand? I can't climb, so I won't even attempt to get myself back up on the platform or sticks. I'd succumb to suspension trauma, surely.

Jamie

Ohio
I cannot see this being remotely affordable or practical in any real way. can you imagine the logistics of getting it into the woods and set up in a desirable spot for hunting? how long will it last in wet and cold weather? yes, it's a "nice" idea, but it is still a bad idea. I'm not really on board with the "oh, but if it helps just one person.." mentality, but surely, somebody will buy it. hunters and fisherman are some of the most gullible people on the planet when it comes to equipment. we'll buy just about anything that somebody sells to make it easier, safer, faster, better, or whatever.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I could see with modification this being very useful to someone. I'd pay a pretty big bill if one of my kids had a handicapped that I could put a hang on right next to them and give them the In tree experience. Something like this could expand the limitations of just getting into a ground or box blind. Useful to very few and far inbetween, but something that'd provide an experience of a lifetime, why not....