Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trolling Motor Mount

Just finished my trolling motor mount. I modified the existing cross bar on the outrigger mount.
I've never had a trolling motor on a kayak, but I've talked to many others that have one and say it's the only way to go when you're on a large piece of water.
I'll be test driving it this weekend. Perhaps on Delaware Lake or Clearfork Reservoir.

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    800.3 KB · Views: 389
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 402
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 394
  • T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 393

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What size minkota did you go with? They’ve stepped up their game in the last 6-7 years and they’re killing it.
Their Ultrex brand is one of the hottest selling motors out there.

Reactions: Bowhunter57

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice work!
I have mounted two on canoes. They will get across a lake in a hurry. I suspect yours will as well. Have fun!

Reactions: Bowhunter57
What size minkota did you go with?
"J",
This is a 30 lb. trust model. I traded for a 3/4" drive rachet. :unsure: He didn't need the motor and I didn't need the large drive rachet. (y)
I'm anxious to see how it performs with all 5 speeds forward and 3 in reverse. This kayak is a 10 footer and weighs 67#, so it should move right along. :cool:
I'm still undecided on which lake to try it out on this weekend. :rolleyes:

Bowhunter57

Reactions: "J"
Well, I couldn't wait for my marine type battery to get here, so I struck out for Delaware Lake this morning....with the battery out of my Toro zero mower. I love the whole trolling motor thing, from fishing to getting around the lake. (y) However, I KILLED this battery in less than 2 hours. :ROFLMAO: Of course, I was about a mile and a half from the boat ramp and was smart enough to bring my paddle. :rolleyes: Loved every minute of it.
About 2 hours after I get home FedEx delivers my MightlyMax 35AH battery. :cool: I'll put a charge on it and hit the water in the morning.

Bowhunter57