Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Truck tires

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Though I would share this as most of us here drive trucks. I put a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A back at 87,000 miles. She's at 161,000 miles now. That's 74,000 miles on the set.. And here is the tread life left. Suckers wear like iron. And at $156 each for my Colorado that's a heck of a deal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333065997.922135.jpg

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Those were the first tire I put on my truck, and I will probably go back to them after this set. They are a pretty good all around tread and they do last forever.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Btw I put the tread against the back of the penny not the closest tread. Im sitting in the tire shop after picking up a nail and they're plugging it. Here is the tread on a new set for comparison. Judging by the two pics I might have another 25k on mine before I reach the hair on Lincoln's head which is when they say to change them. Get 100,000 miles on a set of meats. Can't beat that with a stick.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333066909.725634.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
great tires! Pretty much all I use unless the application calls for something different. Our parking lot sweeper trucks get BFG Commercial T/A. Our dump truck gets the Commercial T/A up front and a slightly different version of the Commercial TA out back. More aggressive style tread. 50,000 mile tread life warranty on a big truck is hard to beat. I don't expect to see 75-100k miles on all terrains on my truck, but I am happy with the 40-50k I get on my duallies. Pretty good for that size truck with the loads they carry at times. I really think the plow on the front eats them up quicker than just driving them. You are asking a lot of them at that point.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice! How'd you get them that cheap, though? I priced some out last year and the cheapest BFGs were still over 900 bucks for my ranger.

I have the same tire on my truck. I have 15k on them and they look pretty new as well. As far as A/T tires go these things kick ass in the mud and snow as well. Im very pleased. That sucks jim I've always seen these tires in the $130-150 price range...

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oh wait... does your colorado have 15 or 16" rims? Maybe that's where the cost difference came into play.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I have went through several sets of those tires on my trucks over the years, and every set has gotten between 85-92,000 miles on them before I replaced them. I used to work at the BF Goodrich plant, it's only 15 miles from where I live. My dad still works there.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I got the Cooper Zeon LTZ last year around this time. In a year, they are about ready to go. I bet I can run them till winter then I will need new ones. I drive from Massillon to Akron 5 days a week, plus the hunting property alot, then in the summer its to the cabin. I drive a ton. I really cant complain too much but I cant see spending another grand on tires, especially if I have to do it every year.

My next set will be the same tires you have joe, I was going to do it this past year but the coopers got rave reviews and they look sweet. But I need longgevity(sp?)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We have the BFG AT's on the Envoy after I ran two sets off my Grand Cherokee. Definitely a great tire for light trucks and SUVs. I'm running Nitto Trail Grapplers on my F-150 right now. Mean ass tire, but they wear like shit. Gotta rotate them every 7-8K and you'll only get 40-50K out of them. At $1,200 a set, I thank God for a company credit card!!!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I went with the BFG AT T/A KO a bit over a year ago based on market research and more importantly real experience/reviews from the TOO family. I have been very pleased and would recommend them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I am going to need new rubbers probably this coming Winter/Spring, probably save up and get me a set of those, looked at them last time but ended up with Bridgestone ATP's... liked them but didn't get near the mileage I would have liked. Time to give the BF's a shot!