Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey mounts

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I saw a great one up at the Zink Calls shop in Port Clinton yesterday afternoon. I've never seen one like it, although I'm sure there are more around. Anyway, it was mounted in full strut on a plaque against the wall, only it was like 3/4 of the body... so it held really tight to the wall. And the tail fan was turned and angled so that it was also fairly tight to the wall. It's hard to describe... I wish I would've taken a picture. If I were getting mount done, it'd be hard to persuade me to get it done any other way I think.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My BIL has 3 mounted by Dave Nome of northern Kentucky. His best work IMO is on the turkeys. My BIL has a roosted bird,strutter and flyer done by him and all look awesome. My favorite is the flyer cuz it shows just how beautiful ever inch of them they are. I'll post some pics soon.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ive got two on my wall heres the full body gobbling on the roost then i got one ill post pics of later thats a little different.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1369333626210.jpg
    ResizedImage_1369333626210.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 342

k.stone

central Ohio
Those are some good looking mounts guys.
Has anyone seen one mounted hanging by its feet on a fence post? I saw one a couple months ago and thought it looked pretty cool. I will post a pic if I can find one.

Huckleberry Finn

If I ever got a turkey done, I'd do a gobbling pose. I'm happy with my 2 do-it-yourself tail mounts at this point and don't see myself doing a turkey unless I shot something extremely special!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry for the poor lighting in the pic. My FIL has a log home back in the woods and there's not much lighting in this room.

It also wouldn't hurt if he'd dust it off TOO...lol