Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey team 3

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
MK111 checking in. I'll be hunting here on my farm in Butler County. Hopefully I'll get my 13 yr. old granddaughter out for her 1st hunt. The 16 yr. old grandson is going out.
May have a new 1st time turkey hunter also. My friend who's a Attorney just had a hip replacement. I offered him a guided turkey and deer hunt here on my farm. By a guided hunt I mean a ride on my ATV to my hunting tower out back. That's a guided hunt isn't it?

Frank

Last edited:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Okay, I did a lot of thinking, and I really like the name.....

Turkey Team 3.

Haha I have absolutely zero ideas for a name. You guys selected the dumbest team member for this lol.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I went out with my grandson and son this morning. Lots of gobbling. Had 3 Toms come out but nothing came within 60 yds. for a shot. Also seen 8 hens and Jakes at 90 yds. Then the big Tom started chasing the hens around and off into the brush they went and were gone. Quit at 11:00AM. They are going out this evening.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Took the grandson out this morning for Youth Bonus points. At 6:45AM had a hen and Jake fly down at 85 Yds. never came closer but wouldn't have shot the Jake any way. They just feed away.
3 hens flew down in my food plot at 100 yds. They feed around for 30 minutes and went into my woods.
Another hen came out of the wood on the end and fed up to our decoys and just fed away.
Almost no gobbling.
Seen no deer either.

Cotty and I went out yesterday sat til 10 I was hoping to see him get one with his bow but no luck. I went to spot close to where we were yesterday and got there about 6:30 put decoys out and cleared out spot close to field. I loaded my gun and got call out soon as I tapped it one gobbled about 20 yards to my right was too thick to see him just then he came out in open and had nice clear 30 yard shot as i raised my gun up he saw me did a turn to go back and i dropped him after i shot there was another with him i didn't see or i would have waited to see if bigger lol. Then said to myself why wasn't Cotty here with his bow today or Klay.

Last edited:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Good work OldScout! You guys are getting it done this year!

I called a buddy up today and were gonna hit it hard this weekend. Hopefully the birds stay put want to cooperate Saturday AM.