Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Unfortunately I fear we are headed in the same direction.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Experienced foster parents Eunice and Owen Johns have been told today that their beliefs are inimical to the interests of children. They were not willing to say that the practice of homosexuality was a positive thing. The landmark judgement of the High Court means that Christians who hold to traditional Christian moral teaching on sexual ethics are now not considered suitable foster parents in Britian.

The Judges were obviously concerned to avoid being accused of discriminating against Christians and so they ruled:

That there is no religious discrimination against the Johns because they were being excluded from fostering due to their moral views on sexual ethics and not their Christian beliefs

It seems that their Lordships want to rule on what we ought to believe as Christians. Andrea Minichiello Williams of the Christian Legal Centre is right when she says that

"Britain is now leading Europe in intolerance against religious belief."

In fact, after today's ruling there is no logical reason why social services departments should not home in on Christian parents and take their children away for having beliefs that are inimical to them in the weird and twisted world of modern British equality law.

http://the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.com/

"J"

Bass fishing aficionado....
Supporting Member
Davie County, NC
Fuggin liberals.... Been to England a lot over the years and when I first started going there in 1980 it was a liberal haven... But compared to back then they weren't nearly as bad as today.....

rrr

English court? Who cares? Since when do people care so much about the freaking Brits? Someone was arguing to me on SB5 about a Canadian law....this is America. If you don't love it, leave it.

Jack - it's apathy. We get so damn stuck in being lazy and everything is good and then what the hell, we're lazy and the liberals are doing things and things are out of control. The American Revolution and the Tea Party would be good examples of waking up and overcoming that apathy.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I agree about courts from other countries but I believe this has more to do with changing public morals being reflected in the court's decision. Could you not see a similar decision coming out of the 9th Circuit Appeals Court in the next 10-20 years?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree about courts from other countries but I believe this has more to do with changing public morals being reflected in the court's decision. Could you not see a similar decision coming out of the 9th Circuit Appeals Court in the next 10-20 years?
Very likely so... And you are correct.